Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

1999 Accord Bose player upgrade

Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Default 1999 Accord Bose player upgrade

Hello.
I just bought 1999 year honda accord, european. I want to upgrade audio system (just player, i want the speakers and subwoofer to leave as is).
I'd be glad if anyone could tell me what is the best choise, which will be supported by this kind of connectors:

thanks in advance

Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

European models had a completely different audio system and wiring. That information is limited, and Bose systems have even less info available.

Best option is to replace speakers and wiring at the same time. Simplifies everything and sounds better anyway.

If not, you need to get wire harness adapters (sold only in European websites) and hopefully the Bose system accepts speaker-level outputs so you don't need a separate adapter.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM

Thanks for reply.

One more question please..
Can you tell me whats that second connector is called? (12 pin)
as I can tell, there is no audio in car if both of them are not connected, so i have to rewire them both.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 PM

Hi,

keep your Bose Equipment and just change the radio to a CRV-model with CD.

You will be more than surprised about the quality.

Get one for small money at EBay's; I bought mine for ~15 USD, same plugs, no problem to change and - I love to cruise with my Coupé more than before

Feel free to ask for better photos or more information by pm.

Btw, you can use a Disk Changer or a MP3-Changer with the other connector.

Attached Thumbnails 1999 Accord Bose player upgrade-1.jpg   1999 Accord Bose player upgrade-2.jpg   1999 Accord Bose player upgrade-3.jpg  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the response!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM

Thanks guys!
Yesterday I purchased Pioneer DEH-3400UB and did the wiring myself (also bought harness adapter).
So it plays without stock sub woofer, but i'm satisfied with the sound quality..
maybe i will try to make BOSE sub-woofer work, but not sure if its possible or not

Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe if you use the RCA output to the Bose amp input

Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Default same problem

Have the same problem: head unit broke and replacing it leaves the cars subwoofer on parcel unused. Probably the subwoofer connections are located in the 12-pin connector which sadly honda->ISO conversion wires dont take in the mix. Its probably speaker-level input and not just signal-level, so if found right wire could steal the signal from one of the 4 speakers. Couldnt find any diagrams online so would be more than grateful if someone who solved this could tell which color cable is the right one.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by ramdoni
Have the same problem: head unit broke and replacing it leaves the cars subwoofer on parcel unused. Probably the subwoofer connections are located in the 12-pin connector which sadly honda->ISO conversion wires dont take in the mix. Its probably speaker-level input and not just signal-level, so if found right wire could steal the signal from one of the 4 speakers. Couldnt find any diagrams online so would be more than grateful if someone who solved this could tell which color cable is the right one.
Getting even weirder: tested to disconnect the 12-pin connector and the bose player starts, but doesnt play sounds. At first i thought because of this, that the 12-pin has like power/trigger for the bose amplifiers, but then the speakers shouldnt work with separate head unit either, right? Guess its the best choice to stop ripping hair off with Bose and be happy speakers in doors work and just get separate subwoofer in the trunk, perhaps the honda sub becomes a passive radiator or something if enough pressurewaves in the trunk :P

Old 05-12-2022, 06:18 AM

Hi Amicale504,

Sorry to bother you with this ancient post.
Maybe you can help me: I bought a (brand new) Honda Bose radio/cd MF721R0 (as on your picture) and want to use this in my CRX with regular speakers.
The radio and Cd works, recieves radiochannels etc. but unfortunately no sound :-(
Is it possible to use a Bose radio with regular speakers? Or can it only be used in a Bose equipped car (comes from an Acoord I believe)?

Alex