Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2002 accord ex sedan electronics

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Default 2002 accord ex sedan electronics

I eventually plan on getting a good cb, antenna, deadener, speakers,and equalizer. my question is whats good in terms of cb's, antenna's, deadener, and speakers? what brands, types, ect...

I was thinking a wilson 2000 series trucker antenna with a triple 5" mag mount.
link to antenna
link to mag mount
link to the cb

Now would I need a spring for this antenna mount pair?

As far as the audio aspect of it I already have two mtx terminator 12's and a lanzar amp(changing to alpine or hifonics soon!)

I was considering some fatmat, eq, and speakers; but I dont know what to get and what to stay away from besides the obvious like BOSS SSL and legacy. I am on a VERY tight budget, I'll be getting a job this summer as I just turned 17 and need money for the girlfriend and insurance but would like to have a good setup without eating my wallet lol. suggestions much appreciated

Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

I dont know what a tight budget is, for each it is different. here is a pretty good deal on some cdt's. I put some of these in a friends car and they sound really good
WoofersEtc.com - CL-S60A - CDT Audio Classic 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers

go components in the front and either coaxils or mid woofers in the rear.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

I think we could build a speaker package from Parts Express. Also, used gear can be great for tight budgets.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Listen to what Keep Hope and Neo say, deadening the car has the best bang for the buck. Get the mat and cover the inner doors first.
I installed the JBL power series 6.5s for the doors but, I should have really gone with the component setup. now I am thinking about replacing the dash tweeters to get more front image and if I would have started with the component setup I would only have needed to buy the fronts once.
The biggest improvement was replacing the Honda dash unit with the JVC KWR900BT. It is plenty loud enough for me and works really well for the iPhone and its music/playlists.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

you definitely want a decent head unit as step #1. very easy upgrade in the 2002. will even make the stock speakers sound better.

then component speakers for the front, 6.5" in the doors and tweets in the dash. crossover can be in the glove box or behind the dash. you can reuse stock wiring to the doors by intercepting it at the tweeters. note the factory wiring goes from head unit to tweeter to door woofer (with a passive crossover on the tweeter).

lastly, rear speakers can be added, but they are not necessary. removing them will allow more bass from the trunk. rear passengers can hear front speakers but will be overpowered by the subs regardless.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Default I've got a little bit of pull in this area

Hey, Im new to the forum, but try to be active, I wanted to let you know that if you give me a part number I might be able to check with our distributors to see if I can get it, and then I could just have it shipped to instead of to my office,(I work for a telecommunications company, and as part of it we install over head paging systems so I have a distributor for just the speakers, they carry most of the top brands as well.)