Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2003 accord cd player problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Default 2003 accord cd player problem

any advice on how to get access to cd player. will not play cds. panel says err. help please.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Hi I moved your post here so you might get help.
I believe that Honda has a service bulletin out on those head units.
There are different units [alpine or panisonic] depending on the trim level and engine.
They won't play mp3 or something like that.....you might need a refurb replacement
I'll check and post back.

Last edited by hondadude; 03-03-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

agreed. your dealership should be able to handle the replacement.

are you asking how to remove it yourself? what kind of CD's - burned, mp3, purchased?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Default 2003 accord cd player

I did get recall on my stereo for lighting problems.But I don't think my problem would be covered under that recall. Can I tell you the spring of 09 I started having issues with my transmission. There was a recall on the 2nd gear. Honda put an oil kit to remedy the issue in 2003. I was on the highway when my transmission went. Was terrifying experience. Honda did not take ownership of the transmission problem. I had to pay thousands for rebuilt transmission. While my car was in their garage they broke my windshield and they would not own up to it. I am weary about going back to Honda for my issue. I would rather do this myself if I could. Thank you. Jules

Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

what trim level do you have? DX, LX, EX, etc? single disc or changer? you could certainly upgrade the stereo yourself (unless your model has NAV) - in which case people add the new radio beneath the factory one (silly, i know). Metra 99-7862 if you have NAV, Metra 99-7864 if you don't have NAV.

sorry to hear about your bad luck at the dealership. mine is great. i recommend you call Honda (corporation) and complain about that specific dealership.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Unhappy

Mine 2003 Accord CD just went (Mech Jam), the quote from Honda was too expensive to fix so I chose not to repair it. I have always like the sound of the player. Prior to this I had already replace the front (MBQuartz) and rear speaker (Pioneer 3 way) it sounded great.

So I got the Metra Stereo DashKit that installed below the Console, and got a new Pioneer CD Player with MP3 and USB front + Infinity 600W Power Amplifier + new quality speaker wires + new branded quality RCA cable. Guess what. the sound is worst than the factory installed stereo.

Now I am unhappy man because the sound from these new sets are no way near the clarity and original sound of the factory installed Panasonic stereo. I wish the Honda would fix the stereo for a cheaper fees. I guess I have to bear with it from now on until the car is scrap.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Poor sound is usually the result of a poor installation, no offense. Speakers are only as good as their installation. Amplifiers are only as good as their settings. And settings can make or break head units. Pioneer has some good and some not-so-good head units, not to mention a unique Pioneer sound. If you spent less than $150 you got a not-so-good model. Panasonic has a unique sound as well, maybe you should try a different head unit? Infinity is the same way - unique, some are hit and miss.

All of those components and factors add together for a unique sound. If I had the same equipment, same car, I could make it sound different just in the installation. If you want, we can try to work through some aspects of the sound, and I may have some suggestions for you - which i assume is why you're here.

Can you describe what is missing or different? how are the highs, mids, lows? does there seem to be a lack of something? what instruments sound different? describe the sound for me, please.