Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Accord-Ex Aux port setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

That sounds like a real nice interface, if your going to keep the stock HU that's the one I would go for then.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
natr_2002
Unregistered

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply.
Sorry iam not sure i fully understand what you were saying.
I trying to connect my iphone 3g to the car stereo system. But i don't want to loose my CD changer in this process and i don't have an XM radio. I believe my car is with the default factory settings for a 2004 Honda Accord EX and i didn't add anything extra.

Can you please tell me if i buy the part you mentioned "USA SPEC PA15-HON2" i could still use my CD changer and Aux port connected to iphone?

Also i saw some parts which changes the center console as well which iam not intended to do. Iam sorry iam not that technical about car electronics.

Also will that part would be able to charge my iphone?

After i bought the part online, do i have to take to dealer to fix it or any other place where they can do it cheaper , as i don't want to risk it doing myself.

Please let me know.

Thanks again.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM

That unit you won't loose the cd changer even if its not built in the dash unit (all tied in with the radio/climate unit and not a stand alone). Yes it will also charge the iphone too. Dealer will charge a lot to put it in. May want to look at Best Buy or Ultimate Electronics or another custom shop. My guess they won't charge more than $80 for install.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 PM

So are you sure any USDM 7th gen accords came with a stock external CD changer? At this point I'm just curious. I've worked on quite a few 7th gens and never come across one, nor have I ever heard someone mention of one online. Just want to know for the future.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 PM

I don't know if there are any USDM 7th gens with stock external never seen any working on them. There could be out there, not a lot of people look on forums. Doesn't hurt to keep that in consideration with the possibility of having an external.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Well I can understand not knowing, but a quick search shows that there is in fact no such thing as an OEM external CD changer for the 7th gen.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM

If you look harder, there is in fact a 6 disc DIN size changer which goes in the pocket location and a trunk mount 12 disc all OEM, available from h and a accessories dot com. Just to throw it out there.

Last edited by My03Accord; 07-10-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: ?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:27 PM

Well it may be an option but it does not come standard on any trim level, on the 7th gen.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
natr_2002
Unregistered

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply.
Atlast i bought this part

http://www.amazon.com/USA-Spec-Inter.../ref=de_a_smtd

Is this the same you mentioned?Can you please verify , i hope this will work for 2004 Honda accord .

Also will i be able to control the songs(move to next song, fast forward etc) from my CD changer console? with this one.

One more question please, will keep charging my iphone when connected reduces the battery life of my phone?

Thanks again.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

I used a USA-Spec interface for iPod in the 2003 Accord. It worked well. I suppose the iPhone works the same way as the iPod?

Use the dashboard controls to move to next song, FF, previous song, etc. Our LX didn't have steering wheel controls, but I bet they'll work.

You create playlists called HONDA1 HONDA2 etc. and the interface pretends that these are the 6 discs in the CD changer. Or you set the iPod to shuffle, and it just goes through the shuffle playlist.

I guess there is a CD-changer available as a dealer-installed accessory. Never seen one in real life, & it wasn't installed stock in the cars. But that's where the USA-Spec adapter plugs into the stereo, in place of the changer.

Last edited by JimBlake; 07-13-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Accord-Ex Aux port setup