Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Accord-Ex Aux port setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by My03Accord
If you are planning to use it specifically for an Ipod, its all relevent for that matter. There would be control for the ipod from the deck but you would loose the external CD changer (yes there is such a thing) in the process. But since yours is built in don't need to worry about loosing it. The module i recommend using is USA SPEC PA15-HON2. This has ipod connectivity as well as an addional aux hookup. Pretty cool unit. If your deck has XM it will display the song information on the deck when interfaced with the ipod. If no XM then it won't. Not sure what the price is for it but do some searching and i'm sure you can find it for a good price.

P.S. with the Navi unit it will work as well.
So, will the song information appear on the nave screen? Thank you.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM

If you are planning to use it specifically for an Ipod, its all relevent for that matter. There would be control for the ipod from the deck but you would loose the external CD changer (yes there is such a thing) in the process. But since yours is built in don't need to worry about loosing it. The module i recommend using is USA SPEC PA15-HON2. This has ipod connectivity as well as an addional aux hookup. Pretty cool unit. If your deck has XM it will display the song information on the deck when interfaced with the ipod. If no XM then it won't. Not sure what the price is for it but do some searching and i'm sure you can find it for a good price.

P.S. with the Navi unit it will work as well.
Does it require special harness on the navi or is it similar with non-navi?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
04kbk
Unregistered

Right, so my 2004 Accord LX, four door is the same situation? I dont have any cd changer, so I could just plug into that aux port under the stock head unit with that aux line interface noted on amazon?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Simple answer, yes.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Federal
Unregistered
Default Honda Accord aux install

Hi! Here is a link with a step by step aux install, pictures and all. It's not the Pa15-hon2, but it shows you start to finish. I was going to purchase the hon2 but it was too much trouble to get it from the U.S.A to Canada. So i purchased a Gateway 100, still ironing out the kinks very low volume is my only problem. I will post when i get it fixed, if anyone is interested in the Gateway.
http://dension.com/
http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm
http://www.mp3carpros.com/
The mp3carpros had the best price for the pa15-hon2 $144.00

Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Phatty.X
Unregistered

If you have the XM button then that hookup can display information from Ipod. When using XM button control, XM1 is for Ipod use and XM2 is retained XM broadcast.
That's interesting. From the research I've done, if you retain XM service, you cannot get text information from you iPod/iPhone. You can't have both XM service and full text from the iPod/iPhone. Anyone using the USA-Spec verify that? If the device works as indicated by My03Accord, I don't see why you couldn't have both.

I know if you use the headphone jack on an iPhone, you can basically use the car speakers and iPhone mic as a speaker phone. Can that be done with the iPhone data connector (at bottom of phone / charging plug) as well? I just don't know how that works.

Finally, Buy.com's marketplace has $125 for the PA15-Hon2.
http://www.buy.com/prod/usa-spec-pa1...211407039.html

-X

Last edited by Phatty.X; 08-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.