Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2006 Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
khong1010
Unregistered
Default RE: 2006 Ipod

That's great to hear that you sucessfully integrated your ipod to your accord. I cant wait til i buy Neo iOn and integrate MY ipod to My Accord. haha..

Old 02-20-2006, 02:00 AM
BMattox4
Unregistered

Thanks Seattle,
I am definitely going to make a purchase in the near future. Do you have any knowledge of the Honad MusicLink or PA11HON2? I have read some reviews and they seem to be decent as well. One thing i am concerned about is only being able to play songs that I currently have in playlists. Is this the case? Also, what does the display on the cd unit look like while playing the iPod? Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Berry

Old 02-22-2006, 04:34 PM

I have never used the Honda Music link, but I've heard it is absolutely horrible. It takes forever to configure your iTunes/iPod and the navigation of the artists via their "audio" browsing sucks.

In terms of the PA11HON2, I believe this is what I have (rebranded as a Neo iOn). however the people at mp3yourcar.com state it is different, so I'll leave that up to you to decide. Since I don't have an "official" PA11HON2, I cannot say for sure. If they are the same, it is (IMHO) the best thing for a 2006 Honda right now if you want to keep your stock stereo and not have any additional displays/controllers added (such as the Harmon Kardon system).

With my setup, I believe you can change dipswitches on the Neo iOn (although they don't say you can in the Neo instructions, but the PA11HON2 instructions say you can) so that either you can have:

-playlist access (first 6 playlists I believe). This "locks" the iPod so that you cannot use the click wheel to browse for music. Use CD changer controls to select discs (playlists).

-iPod access. This allows you to use the iPod's clickwheel and interface to browse artists/albums/playlists/etc.

I unfortunately didn't try this before finishing my install, but I'm willing to bet it would work. I left it on iPod access so I can play any of my music and browse.

Here is the manual for the PA11HON2:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/pa11-hon2.pdf

The car's display will only show a disc & track number, no artist/album information. BUT you can use the steering wheel controls/stereo controls to advance the track on the iPod.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
BMattox4
Unregistered

Seatle,
One more question. Is it still possible to play your in dash 6 Disc CD changer with the ipod connected? I feel like it is, but have not found this directly quoted.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 PM

The best part about my install? EVERYTHING works!

Navi
AM
FM
XM
6 Disc In-Dash CD Changer
iPod
Additional AUX input (on Neo iOn) for DVD, other MP3 players, laptop, etc

what year is your car? if it is a 2006, you can purchase a splitter. Here is the splitter I used (although I bought it from mp3yourcar.com). I believe you can get this at any Honda Parts dealer (Part number 08A31-0F1-000):

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=787

Old 02-28-2006, 06:40 PM

Hey again-

Someone on this forum says he tried the USA SPEC PA11-HON2 and it is the same as my Neo iOn:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12394

Old 03-04-2006, 08:45 PM
BMattox4
Unregistered

Thanks Seattle,
I installed the link and it works great.

Appreciate your help!

Old 03-18-2006, 01:32 AM
jedichesser
Unregistered

Bmattox4,

Where did you route the PA11HON2 adapter? I just purchased this and it's on its way but I'm wondering on where to put it. I'd like the Ipod hidden so I'm thinking of putting the adapter inside the glovebox with the ipod.

Also, I have the 6CD stereo with XM (no navi), would I connect the XM on one of the connectors on the Y cable and the other end to the PA11HON2 adapter? This is gonna be fun!!!

Thanks,
-joe

Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 PM
BMattox4
Unregistered

Joe,
I routed the cable behind the storage bin and then up under the shifter. then i ran the cable under the passenger seat. I decided not to drill any holes so i run the ipod cable from up under the seat into the top portion of the console. As far as the xm goes, I am not really sure as I do not have XM in my accord. Hope this helps

Berry

Old 03-21-2006, 12:47 AM
jedichesser
Unregistered

Thanks BMattox4. I got the adapter this morning and installed it right away. The only hard part was removing the center bin and installing the splitter but afterwards, everything worked just fine. This is really cool and my XM works too! Thanks y'all .

Quick Reply: 2006 Ipod