Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2006 Ipod

Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Default RE: 2006 Ipod

Just wanted to let everyone know there is another post regarding this here:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php...howtopic=12394

there are some other honda owner's reactions to the product too.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:42 PM

That is a great writeup. Thanks. I've been looking for this for the new accord and will have to pick this up. I don't think my wife is going to up ehr XM contract, so this will be a nice present for her.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:53 PM
xbigkimx
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: BMattox4

Joe,
I routed the cable behind the storage bin and then up under the shifter. then i ran the cable under the passenger seat. I decided not to drill any holes so i run the ipod cable from up under the seat into the top portion of the console. As far as the xm goes, I am not really sure as I do not have XM in my accord. Hope this helps

Berry
I just got the PA11 HON 2 and I was wondering how you exactly did that. Is there any way you can put up a picture? Also, does anyone know a way you can make the wire go into the cd storage box or even the main console box so that you can bring the chord up the hole for the phone charger in the arm rest?

- Jason

Old 04-20-2006, 12:19 PM
maxjive
Unregistered

Wow, that Neo Ion interface sounds pretty cool!

I just picked up my '06 EX-L, w/ Navi and the Music Link yesterday.
This car is sweet!!

I must say that before I picked it up, I read many forums with people absolutely blasting the Music Link.
I was a little hesitant before picking it up, but after playing around with it for the last 2 days, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

They threw it in for free in my lease, and I was only looking to minimally play my IPOD through the radio like I did in my '03 Element (AUX input). Unfortunately, they don't put an AUX input on the Dash like they do for the Civic and Element. Why, I'll never know.

Here's the Basic rundown:

1. Play songs straight through song list.
2. Switch between albums, then play though albums or shuffle albums.
3. Shuffle all songs on IPOD.

You can switch songs through the steering wheel, and change shuffle settings though radio interface.
Navi interface doesn't really do anything besides display shuffle setting and track number (which is nothing more than the number of sings you've played since connecting your IPOD.

For me this works fine. It allows me to play my IPOD though the stereo. It also charges the IPOD so you don't need a separate charger for those long trips.
It does sound like the Neo Ion is a little cooler in terms of its functionality. In the end, they're both a pain to install.

I have a question for all Music Link owners out there.

While my IPOD was connected yesterday (and playing), I pressed some button (Disc Change, or something) that kicked the connection off my IPOD while it was still playing.
The cool thing, was that this allowed my to use my IPOD normally, i.e. using the IPOD interface to choose songs, playlists, browse, etc.
I can't for the life of me figure out what I did, but this allowed me to use the IPOD through the Steering wheel or through the IPOD. Dual Functionality!

Let me know if you've figured out how to do this regularly.

One last thing, XM rocks! If you love sports, baseball now, this thing gives you outs, innings, scores, etc. all through the game. Destroys the radio and is clearer sounding.

Thanks
-Chris

Old 04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
maxjive
Unregistered

ALSO, I forgot to add that I have a 3rd generation IPOD and it works fine.
The instruction manual says the Music Link is only compatible with 4th generation IPODs and on.

-Chris

Old 05-11-2006, 10:53 AM
honda nut
Unregistered

I have an Ex V6-L W/Navi, in dash cd changer and XM. I took out the starage bin and i see the "guts". However i dont know how to get behind the radio to get to the connectors. On the manual from honda it says to remove the flanged 6mm screws but i dont see that. in the manual it looks as though as soon as you remove the storage bin you should see the unit but i dont. it looks to be right behind the area where the ac controls are at.

EDIT - I was able to get it connected. I had to remove the Vents and then slide the whole unit out and right their was the ports. i unplugged and put in the splitter. Navi, XM and I pod works. The only thing i didnt test was sound from the navi but i can do that later. The only thing i forgot to put back in were these plastic pieces that went on the side. does anyone know if thats going to effect anything?

Old 07-03-2006, 02:57 AM

hello everyone,

seems like the Neo Ion is a great product. however, i have a couple of qualms that maybe you can help me settle.

1) tearing into a brand new car

I just got my 06 Accord Coupe v6, 6speed with Navi and might actually cry if i have to start popping things out of the console and unscrewing stuff. I just know that after I'm all done, there's going to be something rattling... Is the installation difficult?

2) do FM solutions like the Monster cable offer decent enough sound quality to justify not ripping apart the console? i love my music, but often I can not discern between subtle sound differences that make true audiophiles shudder?

3) the neo Nav-- does anyone know anything about this product? it seems like an awesome idea to take advantage of that nice 7inch screen. how does it get an audio signal for the video signal that it displays? I was thinking that using my video ipod with a/v link, i can watch movie clips in the car as well as listen to mp3s. any ideas?

thanks!

-Mike