Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2010 Accord HID Conversion Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Question 2010 Accord HID Conversion Kit Question

Hello Fellow Accord Owners,
I have recently become and Accord owner with the purchase of a 2010 Accord LX-P. It was a great deal, 13k miles, Honda certified and got an extended Honda warranty on it. I have always been a Honda owner, but it has just been civics. There are some things that are similar, but still things that are different. The main reason for this post is in regards to HID conversion kits. I have done as much research as I can and have come up with one question that I have not found a satisfactory answer for.
Because the High Beam bulb on the Accord headlight works as both the Day Time Running Light and High beam, Would a High Beam conversion kit still work the same? Or would I be better off buying a BI-Xenon conversion kit for the High Beams?
My main goal is to replace both the high and low beam bulbs with the conversion kits. I like the clear and crisp light of a 6000K xenon bulb and would like that to operate as both the daytime running light and high beam. I understand that xenon bulbs have a “warming up” delay and think that maybe a bi-xenon kit would work best, but I’m not sure. I have called multiple HID online stores and most of their responses are either to just buy the high beam conversion kit or go to accord forums. So here I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you have any suggestions. Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to your response.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to post this in the electronics section as well. The kits out there should tell you if they can work with DRL.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Default 2010 Accord LX-P HID high beam conversion kit Question

Hello Fellow Accord Owners,

I posted this initially in general tech help but was told to try posting here in electrical; so here it goes.

I have recently become and Accord owner with the purchase of a 2010 Accord LX-P. It was a great deal, 13k miles, Honda certified and got an extended Honda warranty on it. I have always been a Honda owner, but it has just been civics. There are some things that are similar, but still things that are different. The main reason for this post is in regards to HID conversion kits. I have done as much research as I can and have come up with one question that I have not found a satisfactory answer for.

Because the High Beam bulb on the Accord headlight works as both the Day Time Running Light and High beam, Would a High Beam conversion kit still work the same? Or would I be better off buying a BI-Xenon conversion kit for the High Beams?

My main goal is to replace both the high and low beam bulbs with the conversion kits. I like the clear and crisp light of a 6000K xenon bulb and would like that to operate as both the daytime running light and high beam. I understand that xenon bulbs have a “warming up” delay and think that maybe a bi-xenon kit would work best, but I’m not sure. I have called multiple HID online stores and most of their responses are either to just buy the high beam conversion kit or go to accord forums. So here I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you have any suggestions. Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to your response.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Thank you very much for the responses. I have posted this in electrical thread.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I merged your same threads together.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

I dont see why it would not work the same. the headlights are a relay from a signal that turns on the power to that bulb. essentially all you are doing is replacing the bulb as far as I know when you convert to HID. I realized there are ballast and extra pieces that go into it, but to my knowledge you do not replace the relay. as long as the relay still functions the same the bulb should still function the same.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Refer to post #3 thread regarding the DRL being controlled by the MICU.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

well hell. disregard my post. apparently it functions differently as a drl and a high beam

Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM

Thank you for all the help and replies...I think I might just give up on the idea of having xenon lights for DRL and High Beams...maybe just replace the bulb with an LED and sacrifice my highbeams...besides, its not like I use them very often anyway