2012 Accord SE, speakers? - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2012 Accord SE, speakers?

Old 05-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Default 2012 Accord SE, speakers?

I did a search and didn't see any threads that answered what I wanted, so here is my question:

I have a 2012 Accord SE, 6 speaker, non nav system.,non bluetooth OEM

I want a better sound, and my first step is speakers. What is recommended ?

I was leaning towards Infinity Primus 6.5inch 2 way speakers. (name something like that) I found on Amazon) for front and rear. Any suggestions or other please., (my next thread will review step 2, components)

thanks!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:35 PM

here' is the ones I was looking on Amazon :

Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance 2-Way Speakers (Pair)

Old 05-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the delay.

You have a ton of options, most of which are quickly narrowed down by your budget and where you want to shop.

Infinity Reference is ok. Not bad, not great, but my preferred Infinity model. Many have success with Polk Audio as a good replacement. I've also had great success with Hybrid Audio Technology - Imagine series.

The most important aspect of speaker replacement isn't what you buy but how you install it. Installation is not as simple as screwing new speakers in place of existing. You need to recreate the factory seals to the door panel (the part you remove) because the door panel needs to act like the front of the speaker enclosure. The seal can be achieved with $3 of closed cell weatherstripping foam applied carefully around the front basket of the speaker after it is installed. While you're at it, use weatherstripping to seal the speaker to the mounting baffle and the baffle to the door.
You'll quickly find that the factory amp isn't capable of driving the new speakers very well. This is because the new speakers have lower sensitivity and need more power.