Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 or 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Default 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 or 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ??

As some of you guys may know, I no longer own my beloved 2000 accord and since have leased a hyundai.. But it has come time to possibly replace another car in the family and it may be time to go back to honda or try a chevy.. So, I just figured I'd get you guys' feedback on it..

I'm tempted to go towards the chevy because of the standard 300 hp V6 and the six speed auto.. The thing is actually comfortably quick.. I figure it's easy to bargain the price down on an impala as well since the new one is coming out soon plus at this point they're not selling all that well.. so, any thoughts on how good or bad the impala is??

Then came the idea of why not go back to an Accord but get a V6.. I can't afford the full out navi system one since that's a bit out of range.. But I can get one without the nav and it's about the same price as an impala LTZ, just a bit slower and one less gear on the trans, not things that should affect daily driving much.. Only thing is, it's gonna be hard to bargain down the price on an Accord much as they sell very very well still..

As those who know me likely know, the cars my family buys are used for approximately 25 to 30k miles a year and they get to 150k in no time.. So, for one thing, the maintenance needs to not be expensive and the car needs to last.. both these cars are easy to maintain and last, from what I've heard..

so which would you pick and why??