Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord LX rear camera

  #1  
Old 07-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Unhappy 2013 Accord LX rear camera

Hi
I want to install rear(back )camera on my LX (which dosen't have )
I asked someone to install but he said I have to change both LCD because on LX models the LCD won't connect to camera wire and it should be changed with EX models !
Is it right?
If yes :
Is there anyway to convert my LCDs input to camera output? so that without changing LCDs I could connect camera to it
 
  #2  
Old 07-31-2018, 10:02 PM
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 3,206
Default

I don't have the schematics for the 2013 LX to compare with the 2013 Sport. They do have different model numbers, but so does the Sport and EX. That isn't to say that there isn't a location for a camera.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-H...M/272385254949

This model number matches the 2013 LX and has a connection for a rear camera. That is why you need to pull the radio to verify if the cable is already there. You can also look in the trunk lid for cabling at the rear camera location. The part number for a 2013 LX rear camera is 39530-T2A-A61 .
 
  #3  
Old 08-01-2018, 04:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I don't have the schematics for the 2013 LX to compare with the 2013 Sport. They do have different model numbers, but so does the Sport and EX. That isn't to say that there isn't a location for a camera.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-H...M/272385254949

This model number matches the 2013 LX and has a connection for a rear camera. That is why you need to pull the radio to verify if the cable is already there. You can also look in the trunk lid for cabling at the rear camera location. The part number for a 2013 LX rear camera is 39530-T2A-A61 .
thanks for reply
My accord has two LCD and that link is not for my car
(Mine has cruise control, sun roof,two LCD )
Do you mean I replace LCD with this one you addressed?
and if I change the LCD is there any chance to see camera pictures in upper LCD?
 
  #4  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:16 PM
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 3,206
Default

Originally Posted by ghsouri View Post
thanks for reply
My accord has two LCD and that link is not for my car
(Mine has cruise control, sun roof,two LCD )
Do you mean I replace LCD with this one you addressed?
and if I change the LCD is there any chance to see camera pictures in upper LCD?
By two LCD you mean the main unit is a touchscreen? In the US that head unit was only offered in the Hybrid, EX-L, and Touring trims and that trim had the rear camera and lane watch. Please post images for clarity.
 
  #5  
Old 08-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
By two LCD you mean the main unit is a touchscreen? In the US that head unit was only offered in the Hybrid, EX-L, and Touring trims and that trim had the rear camera and lane watch. Please post images for clarity.

The lower LCD is touchscreen
the upper one isn't
 
  #6  
Old 08-03-2018, 05:51 PM
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 3,206
Default

I haven't seen a base model with that head unit before. The A/C is base model but the radio isn't.

Are you the original owner?
 
  #7  
Old 08-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Default

I've bought it recently
It's a middle east version .It's difference from US versions
If I want to change the Audio system and replace it so I could connect rear view camera and also have navigation
Do you know which part number should I order?
and
how many Item's should be changed?
I want to order used ones
 
  #8  
Old 08-11-2018, 02:45 PM
keep_hope_alive's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 3,206
Default

Originally Posted by ghsouri View Post
I've bought it recently
It's a middle east version .It's difference from US versions
If I want to change the Audio system and replace it so I could connect rear view camera and also have navigation
Do you know which part number should I order?
and
how many Item's should be changed?
I want to order used ones
I'm not sure how I would access those part numbers, we only have US version info there. You'll have to talk with a dealer for all of the part numbers but I expect that effort (to Touring level) would be over $2,500 USD given almost none of the wiring would be reusable and the individual components are pricey.

Maybe consider just trading the car in for one with the features you want? The upgrade you want to do isn't easy.
 
  #9  
Old 08-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Thanks for your reply
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vboy
Audio/Visual Electronics
12
04-22-2014 11:43 AM
enochyoo
General Tech Help
5
03-21-2014 01:28 PM
Joe Czech
Audio/Visual Electronics
3
03-14-2012 09:01 PM
gottabekin
PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds
1
03-05-2011 06:25 PM
jiwon
General Tech Help
0
05-23-2008 02:40 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Accord LX rear camera


Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.