Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Default 2013 Accord Navigation

I have a 2013 Accord V6 Touring with navigation. I do like the large built in nav screen with lots of flexability on how to display the info. The turn prompts are very handy.

I have several dislikes though with the nav system. One is that I cannot find a display that gives me my heading direction such as N, S, NE, etc. What it does have is a compase dial with a pointer pointing north.......you figure out your direction. Is there a direction indicator and I am missing it? It seems so basic in a nav system.

My biggest problem is the fact that so many of the functions are disabled while driving. The audio commands are either too cumbersome or not available while moving. Is there anyway to disable this "safety" feature. We bought the car for road trips. The person riding shotgun always operates the GPS but that is not possible in this car. Is it? It is so frustrating that we will still have to bring along the Garmin in order to look for restaurants, POIs, etc while on the road.

Please let me know if I am missing something as this is quite an involved system.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM

There are no ways to disable the navigation safety feature that I know of. I have the Accord V6 with Navigation and I hate the navigation system. The directions and situational awareness is great once you have a destination entered but the user interface is the WORST!!! I use my Droid Phone and Google Navigate instead. Just today, I tried to enter "El Pollo Loco" as a destination and when I got to "El Pollo Loc" it went to "Set as Destination" with "El Pollo Locochon" in Fort Worth, TX. I live in Orange, CA. That's 1183 miles away!!! Why would it ever choose that as a destination when I have my nav settings to search nearby first????