Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

8th Gen Stereo Replacement (W/ Nav)

Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Default 8th Gen Stereo Replacement (W/ Nav)

So, I recently received a 2008 Honda Accord from a parent and traded in my car and so on. The car has the factory navigation with the "premium speaker" package and 6 disc changer.

If I am wanting to install a head unit, most likely double din, am I going to have to go completely custom on this? I havent seen any dash kits for the navigation model. I have seen a video of the navigation screen being replaced with the double din but, that seems a bit far. Maybe it's not that bad though. I considered a single din and keeping in the glove box, but I dont know.. seems like a ugly install move, but i guess it can be locked and protected, and can maybe not have to worry about dash replacement..

So, any solutions for starting with a head unit replacement? It seems that the Accords are kind of hard to mess with, especially in my situation with the navigation. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, a tricky task. Requires dedication. You could pull the entire system and sell it to someone wanting to upgrade, we get those requests. But they will need wiring also, making the task more difficult.

Hopefully it is a high end double din and not cheap off-brand. The latter wouldn't be worth the effort.

Many of the videos you see are pro installs. Even customizing the mounting kit is a substantial amount of work and skill.

Maybe pay a shop $500 or so to do it?