Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

97 SE no lights on temp control guages

Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Default 97 SE no lights on temp control guages

I have 97 accord SE just bought few months ago. I have problem with no dimming lights on all the air flow buttons(buttons which direct the air flow in different direction i believe there is five or six all together) itself. The green light on top of the button is working fine. Plus don't have any light on fan control custer and no glowing light on heat control dial either. funny thing is there is light on the two buttons shows inside circulation flow and outside circulation flow. Anybody have idea if there is any kind of bulbs behind this buttons or there is a centralised one bulb gives a glow at night to all this buttons. I looked at the service manual for 94 accord and it shows how to take the console off but some how 97 accord do not have those screws which it shows for 94. Or if somebody have done this can you please saw some hints how to fix this. any input will be really helpful in fixing this
Thanks

Old 11-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: 97 SE no lights on temp control guages

sounds like a burnt out bulb (or blown fuse.... but doubtfull it's a fuse) Here's some documents on removing that panel so you can inspect everythign

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

Old 12-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Thank you, This tooks me upto the bottom two screws of the panel. I found the info online for 94 accord. I think 94 to 97 accords are the same but somhow Manual shows 6 screws 2 at the instrument guage, 2 on bottom of temp control and one at the cruise switch and one at the rear defogger. My 97 does not have those two single screws at the switches. Is anybody out there know how to take the panels off to get to those bulbs I wrote in earlier post please. Thanks in advance....
ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

sounds like a burnt out bulb (or blown fuse.... but doubtfull it's a fuse) Here's some documents on removing that panel so you can inspect everythign

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 PM

yeah my 95 does the same thing, as well as the tranny lit up gears. all i got to do is smack it hard enough and it lights up, but wont stay on for very long. im almost pos its just a burnt out bulb back in there
this will give u access to those gauges
http://www.99accord.com/HowToGuides/...ntrolHowTo.asp

Old 12-10-2006, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: ivrex

yeah my 95 does the same thing, as well as the tranny lit up gears. all i got to do is smack it hard enough and it lights up, but wont stay on for very long. im almost pos its just a burnt out bulb back in there
this will give u access to those gauges
http://www.99accord.com/HowToGuides/...ntrolHowTo.asp

Thank you very much for the INFO.