Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Aftermarket head unit with factory navi question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:47 PM

I just bought 04 accord exL v6 coupe n have been tirelessly trying to find a way to aux in factory hu to an aftermarket hu, to retain xm n 6 disc. I first asked best buy n also local car audio shops, all said not possible. No output on factory hu to go into an aux.
Do you have a wiring dia that you could email me so i could bring it to them? And when using the factory hu through aftermarket, does the line out converter flatten the factory hu eq settings? Id hate to do all this to find out sound isnt any better

Old 02-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

to do what you want and flatten the factory eq you'll want to look at a JL Cleansweep or MTX ReQ.

then take the speaker level outputs from the factory head unit (all of them) and have the oem integration processor sum them up for full frequency response, then play the calibration CD to achieve a flat output (note that the factory radio volume will need to be in fixed location from that point on). then you take the output of the oem processor into an aftermarket head unit or just straight to amps.

someone else has asked for that same wiring diagram, i will see what i have for time this weekend to develop it.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 AM

I am a little familiar w cleansweep but do i need it if the factory hu is plugged into an aftermarket receiver aux input. Then preamp out to a 4 channel amp to speakers.
If im running the stock 6 disc via aftermarket rcvr is it still using factory eq curve?
I dont wanna do aftermarket unit AND still buy a cleansweep or ssi

Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

The factory eq is on the outputs. So if the outputs feed the new head unit the HU gets the factory eq'd signal. Also, you may need to sum the factory outputs for a full range signal.

I can see the need for the cleansweep to aftermarket HU then to amps if you want good sound from the factory 6-disc.

Depends on the factory amp and head unit.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
to do what you want and flatten the factory eq you'll want to look at a JL Cleansweep or MTX ReQ.

then take the speaker level outputs from the factory head unit (all of them) and have the oem integration processor sum them up for full frequency response, then play the calibration CD to achieve a flat output (note that the factory radio volume will need to be in fixed location from that point on). then you take the output of the oem processor into an aftermarket head unit or just straight to amps.

someone else has asked for that same wiring diagram, i will see what i have for time this weekend to develop it.

I am so lost by these instructions! the stereo shop im talking with had mentioned the cleansweep but they had never installed one. So a detailed wiring diagram and instructions would be great.
I have what might be a dumb question but if the sound quality issue is with using the factory 6 disc then why use it? you're gonna have a new aftermarket HU for your CD's (if you still use them) plus USB and AUX input (pandora & iPod) for a clear sound!
My main concern is with the use of the factory navigation. the turn by turn voice option would be nice but not a deal breaker, I have been turning the voice off lately anyways.