Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Aftermarket Navi and Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Abu
Unregistered
Default Aftermarket Navi and Climate Control

I am rolling in my '06 Accord EX-L without Navi and I have been looking at several options. The one that caught my eye is the Pioneer AVIC-Z2, but I'm not stuck on it even though it's hot.

Anyways, my question is, what have you guys been doing when you pop in aftermarket radios/navis and your climate control and such?

If you replace the unit that is in-dash, will you lose the ability to maintain temp? Will a good navi unit like the Z2 be able to take over and do the climate control, or do I have to look for a specific one that is compatible?

Pictures and stuff would be appreciated, if possible. Thanks!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Aftermarket Navi and Climate Control

Welcome!

There has been a thread recently about a double DIN unit in a 7th gen. The only person who has done it (it was linked to in the thread) had custom work done to the factory climate control housing. Search for double din or somethin like that and it should come up.

You may want to look into the N series if you're stuck on the AVIC, as the double DINs are very challenging for this model.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Abu
Unregistered

Yeah....good call man. Will the AVIC's display the temp and so on?

Or better yet, any recommendations? I am not stuck on anything. (e.g. AVIC)

Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 AM

I have an avic-d2 in my m3, and it does not display temp. I am not sure if the Z line does. It is quite more advanced than the N or D line.

I do not really have any suggestions. I havent really looked into anything with climate control / temp.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Abu
Unregistered

How do you know what temp you are setting it to then? Or do you just turn it until the temp feels right?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:37 AM

The kit has regular fan speed and air temp *****. Not the climate control, just a regular fan speed and air temp. I think the only way to get A/C controls on your HU with a drivesoft system. It will take a lot of custom work to get a double DIN HU in a accord though.