Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anyone Have Any Haggard Mods Done To Their car?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Default Anyone Have Any Haggard Mods Done To Their car?

I do! Not entirely proud of it, but I want to be amused. I have one of those sets of three inch rope LEDs like you would get from autozone, they're installed under my dash and grounded to the dash frame. The positive wire however, is stripped about an inch from the end, and crammed into the plug for the dash clock, with the plug then clicked together to make the clock work....

My speakers are even better. I borrowed them out of my 2002 Cougar that's locked up, they're aftermarket Sony's and Infinity's. The Infinity's are installed in the rear deck (keep in mind, all four of these speakers are 5x7's). I removed the metal plate that held that stock speakers into the rear deck, and took some ply-wood and matched the sheet. From there I cut a hole that matched the speaker and installed the speakers to the wood and the wood to the rest of the rear deck. That's not really too bad, but since my speaker covers broke, the covers will vibrate off the rear deck and land onto the back seat from the subs in the trunk. Making the wood clearly visible.

In the door speakers (coupe) The 5x7's would fit in the hole, but the magnets would touch the window. How to fix? Simple! 2 inch by 2 inch pucks of plywood, held in by self-tapping screws, and the speakers screwed into that...

My amps power wire at one time had a ring terminal around it that was the wrong size, so it'd always slip off. I got annoyed one day when it broke, and was being cheap so I hacked in inch and a half of the wires insulation off and crammed the battery terminal right down on top of it...

Sure these may all be hack job mods, but ****, they all work... Maybe they'll burn the car to the ground, oh well.

Does anyone else have any hack job mods they're willing to share?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Have Any Haggard Mods Done To Their car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.