Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audio System

Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Default Audio System

So, I'm rollin my 93 Ex Wagon. Bought it last year with 141k, whatever
The speaker system was rather shoddy. The stereo itself is really bad. The rheostat must be cranked all the way for the CD to reach a good windows-down volume. In the winter, the aftermarket CD player can't handle CDs, so I must rely on a tape adapter for my iPod, which lowers the sound from reasonable to barely audible.
I did nothing about it all last year.
This year I've decided that before I get a "new" car for college, I'd like to be able to actually listen to Music in my car.
So
Some questions:
1) Is the radio single or double DIN?
2) What size are the door speakers, the rear ceiling speakers, and the left side trunk speaker. (For some reason the trunk has only 1 side speaker, but 2 ceiling) Basically, what are the speaker sizes?
3) Given the age and model of my car, what would be an acceptable replacement for my stereo system, speakers included. I would like to stay below $200 because I'm going to college, I'm getting a new car, and I don't have much $$ to my name as it is. If a whole system overhaul costs more than $200, than how about simply the receiver and the door speakers.
Suggestions/ answers for my long and rambling post?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Audio System

For fitment, do the "outfit my car" thing on crutchfield.com

Old 02-06-2008, 04:48 PM

I did the Crutchfield thing, wrote down those measurements. But then I did another Car Fit thing on another site, and received different measurements.
The Headunit I'm running is the standard Honda unit, with some obscure-brand CD Player installed beneath.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just for clarification, is the Headunit double or single DIN?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Word
Mine probably should have a pocket, although if it does/ did, it is being occupied by my very poor quality CD player