Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

AUX Not Working - 2009 Honda EXL V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Question AUX Not Working - 2009 Honda Accord EXL V6

I bought my car new last September - and yesterday the AUX on the radio stopped working. When I plug my ipod in the jack works, however it never registers on the radio itself. If you try pushing the AUX button on the dashboard as well as the mode button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. However all the other modes (AM, FM, CD, and XM) work.

Any clue as to why all of a sudden the AUX key is no longer working on the radio? What can I do?

Last edited by HondaGurl921; 07-06-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

i would start by resetting the head unit by disconnecting the battery.

The battery plays a role when the factory radio has an anti-theft feature requiring a code be entered. The owners manual packet should contain a small card with a 5 digit number. when the battery is disconnected this code needs to be entered. The radio will display CoDE and you'll have 5 tries before it is locked.

Disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute or so, make sure you leave a door open so the dome light drains any residual charge. Reconnect the battery negative terminal (always disconnect negative first and reconnect negative last). When your head unit displays CoDE enter the 5 digit code on your card. (Note that some of us Honda owners had two different code cards and only one worked).

You can always contact your local Honda dealership and ask them to fix it (for a fee).

If you don't have your codes or can't find your cards - try this:

Originally Posted by WikiAnswers
Make sure your radio is OFF. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time. Turn the radio on and your SERIAL NUMBER will appear. 4 numbers first and then 4 more. Write them down (obviously) then call (800) 999-1009. Make sure you have your VIN number handy because they will ask for it. They will ask for your name and approx. milage, and your radio's serial number. They will then give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN!

IF you have the VIN#, and are registered with Honda, you can go to their website https://radio-navicode.honda.com/. You will need to enter your VIN#, registered phone number and zip code as well as your radio/nav serial number (retrieval process detailed above). The site walks you through the inputs and if successful, then spits either your radio code or nav code.

If it were my vehicle, i'd start by doing this to reset the head unit. for some reason, it has decided to ignore that input. a simple reset like this may do the trick.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:13 PM

My AUX was not working all of a sudden on my 2009 Accord. It stopped working after I got it washed.
The FM radio still worked so I thought they had disconnected or broken something at the car wash
It turns out that the AUX and FM Radio inputs have their own volume so the FM radio volume was still working but the AUX was turned all the way down
All I had to do was plug in my iPhone directly into the AUX port in the armrest and turn up the volume on the system panel and it works
Lesson learned hit the FM button before anyone works on the car so they don't accidentally turn down the volume while the AUX button is pushed