Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Better MP3 players using AUX units

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 AM
alfgt
Unregistered
Default Better MP3 players using AUX units

Hi
I am new to this forum and recently I bought 2008 Accord EX. As I dont have navigation system ora 6 CD changer and mostly I do long drives I preffer to buy an external MP3 player like ZEN, Zune , Iriver or IPOD and connect with my AUX unit. But I am bit confused here.
1) Does MP3 players give good sound effect using AUX as USB connection has ?
2) Does Accord support MTP devices or does it only support MSC devices?
3) Which is the best MP3 playerin the market that canbe used in Accord for long drives ?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Default RE: Better MP3 players using AUX units

to answer your first and second question yes an aux will give you as good of sound as usb if not better, just dont use an fm transmiter. an ipod is probable your best choice i use an aux with an ipod in my accord and it sounds great. as for second question im not sure

Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
alfgt
Unregistered

ipod is the best player around...but which player is second betterthat can play WMV files , WMAfiles etc...Can we also select music and foldersfrom IPOD using IPOD itself oris it only possible to select files and folders from our Cars audio control only like any other USB players .....

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

USB is better than an aux input. USB is digital where a headphone jack is analog. I have an aux input in my tC ..... I used to have my Sirius radio hooked up to it, but it got a lot of interference noise. I switched it to the wired FM modulator and the signal was much better.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 AM

I'm a big Mac fan so iPod would be my first choice, but the Zune comes in second.

Anything connected to an iPod through the dock connector or Zune through the USB port is going to be 100% digital and sound nearly CD quality. However, when you connect either one via the headphone jack that is a 100% analog signal and you're prone to interference. FM transmitters are the worst. FM modulation cuts off the high and low ends of the audio spectrum to reduce the power needed to amplify the signal, resulting is horrible treble and bass.

If you go the iPod route, check out dICE. They make an AUX converter for the iPod and I believe they have something available for 8th gens.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM

I was talkiing about a wired transmitter that plugs into the antenna jack and kills all radio reception when it is active. I agree that the "over-the-air" transmitters $uck ..... wired ones sound pretty good though.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
TwoHearted
Unregistered

How about the Honda Music Link and a direct iPod / iPhone connection with the iPod connector?
I have an 06 Accord Coupe with Navi and want to add a connection for my iPhone.
I've seen a few options, but not all - I'm curious what suggestions you have.

This one looks a little fake, why I'm tempted to go direct to the Honda official Music Link.
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/_P...G_p_10485.html

Old 09-04-2008, 09:40 AM

Go with dICE of the Honda Genuine one, that one does look a little on the shady side.