General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple AUX inputs, two MP3 players

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Default Multiple AUX inputs, two MP3 players

Hi,
First post on this site, so I'll make this brief. I have a 2004 Accord. Bought it a year and a half or so ago.

It came with a radio that has XM in it. It also has what looks to be an aftermarket Honda, MP3 player, installed in the dash, as the owner's manual makes no reference.

Now, I want to install another hand held MP3 player and run it into the AUX inout. From what I have seen online, there are splitters that feed both signals into the AUX jack. One is probably in there now for the existing MP3 player.

Now the fun part. Would I be able to introduce another splitter, perhaps at the back of the in-dash MP3 player, so that I can feed the signal from MP3 player #2 into the AUX jack as well.

Will the stereo recognize this third input, as it does the two that are in there now. I would rather keep the in-dash player in, as I do use it.

Does this all make sense?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mortgage_master; 06-07-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: more clarity
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

It makes sense. The mp3 player is likely a Honda accessory.

Go to the site handa-accessories.com and look up the mp3 player for the owner's and installation manual.

It looks like there is a splitter for the XM connector on the back of the radio to go to the XM radio and the mp3 player.

I know that you can get adapters for ipod/mp3 players that essentially split the XM input. That would have a 3-way split going into the radio.

I am not quite sure how the radio detects multiple inputs through that XM jack.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

There is a very good member in the audio/visual section of this site that more than likly could answer this question from memory...try this in there and I bet KHA will answer very shortly....I still have a tape player in my cars-well all except the Pilot.