Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can I create a good system strictly with Kicker and Polk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Can I create a good system strictly with Kicker and Polk?

I posted a month or so ago about sound systems but turns out i can only use Kicker and polk brands sound systems for my 2012 honda accord SE...

I just want louder speakers with a good bass, Not sure i need a sub,just a good set up with speakers, are components much better than regular speakers? thank you so much in advance

and i dont really have much of a limit , nothing over 600 probably or 700

Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

are these any good? QS Matched Components | KICKER

Old 12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

600 to 700 is a pretty low cap to be honest. kicker and polk both make good stuff. IMO they are overpriced and you dont get nearly what you pay for, but others may disagree. with a lower cap like that I would look into powerbass or boston accoustic.

yes comps are that much better than coaxils. not really a in most cases or usually. fact is comps are better.

the main factor will be amping them. that is when it starts getting pricey as well.

Do you need a sub?
No
will you get really good bass without one?
No
I put a set of powerbass in a friends car and was impressed with the mid bass in them, but they still are not a sub. fact is subs are meant for low bass, mid drivers are meant for mid bass. they arent efficient in the low end. It will be there but not as loud, low, or clean as with a good sub. Now you can spend a lot more on a nicer set of mid bass drivers and get a lot better bass, but they still are not a replacement for a sub.

KHA has a budget build thread stickied. you can check that out. 700 is a budget build. Not trying to be an *** or anything just being honest and straight forward. 700 is not much when it comes to audio equipment.

yes those kickers are nice speakers. I definately wouldnt pay 500 dollars for them though. but if you arent going to amp them you are wasting your money. if you arent going to amp the set you are buying anything over 40 watts rms is not needed as you will never put that much out with your HU.

with that budget my honest suggestion would be find some wire (I suggest KnuKonceptz.com, really good wire, cheapest I have found as well, pure ofc, super flexible, true sized) and an amp that will put out 50 x 4 @4ohms. then see how much money you have left. use the remaining money to buy speakers around 50 rms each.that will be a huge improvement over stock and will fit best in your budget.

Last edited by neophyte; 12-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies

well ill be gettting almost a 60% discount thats why

Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

and by the way thanks for the help but since i get that discount . what do you think, it probably changes everything

Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM

should be pretty good then. with that kinda discount I would definately amp them.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies

but my question is which is better kicker or polk? and should i just go with QS Matched Components | KICKER and get a kicker Amp? and ill be good?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

and for kicker aps. which is better the IX, ZX, or Dx amps? and sorry for all the questions!! lol

Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM

as far as quality goes it seems they are all built well. I dont know a whole lot about the kicker series. but according to their website the dx is the most reliable and the Ix is the smallest. just depends on what you are looking for. I dont think you will have any problems out of any of them.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

audition the speakers, if you get a discount you should be able to listen to all of them.

how the speakers are installed, and the treatments applied to the vehicle doors/deck will determine how much midbass you will get. without rigid baffles and an airtight cavity - midbass will suffer regardless of the speakers chosen.

the variety of Kicker amps provide you options. review the features of each and decide which features you need. you prioritize various characteristics and the choice is made for you. you want high level inputs and auto turn-on if you plan on using the factory head unit. those features alone will dictate an amp purchase.