Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default CD Changer

My 01 Accord cd changer has jammed and all cd's are stuck in there. Radio is still playing but cd isn't working. When I press the eject button, load button or cd button, nothing is happening..

Old 05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No one here is really going to know how to repair the unit. So I would search for someone who can, I'm doubtful you will find many if any. If I were in your shoes I would just make it easy on myself and replace the unit. You may even be able to get an interface that will allow you to use an aftermarket cd changer with the stock HU. If you just want to get the CD's out and call it a day, your going to have to open it up somehow and get to the cartridge.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you could go to a stealership and see if they can take the cd out for free, then just replace the headunit with an aftermarket one,

Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
jetking
Unregistered
Default CD Changer

A compact disc, also popularly known simply as a CD, is an optical storage medium with digital data recorded on its surface. A compact disc player is a device that reads the recorded data by means of an optical beam and accurately the original information (music, pictures, or data). Because the player reads the information by optical means, there is no physical wear and tear on the disc. The basic technology used in all compact disc players is essentially the same, whether the player is designed for audio, video, or computer applications. This article will focus on players designed for audio (specifically, home audio) applications.
The history of the compact disc system can be traced back to the early 1970s, when rapid advancement in digital electronics, laser optics, and large scale integration (LSI) technologies took place. Many companies started exploring the possibility of storing audio signals in optical form using digital rather than analog means. A practical method of modulating the audio signals was found using theories published in 1948 by a scientist named Claude E. Shannon. This method, known as Pulse Code Modulation (PCM), samples audio signals during a short time interval and then converts the samples into numerical values for storage in digital format.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 PM

haha some fun facts but someone please ban this guy