Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Controlling iPhone Music on my Honda Accord 2011 EX-L

Old 01-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Default Controlling iPhone Music on my Honda Accord 2011 EX-L

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I did some searches and couldn't find anything. I just got a Honda Accord 2011 EX-L and love it. I hooked up my iPhone 5 (currently running iOS 7) through the USB outlet and wanted to listen to some music. So far my experience has been erratic, to say the least... can someone help me out? Problems thus far:

* I cannot select songs via my iPhone screen. Normally, I touch a song and nothing happens - it just keeps playing the same song. Sometimes, though, I can change the song.

* Other times, after I plug it in, the car goes straight into the "Songs" folder and starts playing my songs in alphabetical order. I can change the song using the channel up/down on the wheel, but I can't change it to playlists, for instance. I will unplug my iPhone, select another song, have it playing, plug it in, and it goes back to the first song on my iPhone - so I can't select my music at all.

* No Dashboard controls?! I press the radio presets (1-6) and nothing happens. Is there really no way to get to a Playlist function? My aftermarket 07 iPod kit had this functionality for pete's sake...

Basically, is there a way to change songs or get to the playlists via the dashboard on my car? Why is my car's stereo behaving differently every time I plug in my iPhone?

Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

the iPhone interface is clunky. sorry, you aren't alone in your frustration.

even some aftermarket controls are clunky and sporadic. the aftermarket controllers are more advanced and more useful than the factory features. silly, i know.