Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Factory 2005 accord what do I need for a sub and AMP

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Default Factory 2005 accord what do I need for a sub and AMP

so i just got a 2005 Honda accord ex and i wanna add a sub and AMP at the moment it has all factory sound system but i'm not sure what all i would need and what products are good and reliable so i just need to know what i need and whats best for its price i'm willing to spend around 400 to 500 $ and where i should get the products from online or a store. i want to do the installation on my own so im not sure if that will change the type of product or not. i would appreciate any input or ideas thank you

Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by m3rclful
so i just got a 2005 Honda accord ex and i wanna add a sub and AMP at the moment it has all factory sound system but i'm not sure what all i would need and what products are good and reliable so i just need to know what i need and whats best for its price i'm willing to spend around 400 to 500 $ and where i should get the products from online or a store. i want to do the installation on my own so im not sure if that will change the type of product or not. i would appreciate any input or ideas thank you
Welcome.

The first step is getting a signal from the factory system. A "line output converter" is needed if the amplifier does not have "high level inputs". This will have to be coordinated with what you buy.

Your best bet is to buy a package containing an amplifier, subwoofer, and matching carpeted box. You can find these on several online retailers or hit up a local shop. Buy what you can afford.

You will also need an amplifier installation kit. It will include a fuse you install at the battery and you will have to run the power wire through the car. It will have to pass through the firewall, you can look up "honda accord power wire routing firewall" and see what you find for ideas.

Feel free to reply with some of your options. Kicker has several sub/amp/box packages that are affordable.