Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Firewall Grommet/Hole

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ad.php?t=29853

here are some amp locations i have used and considered.

i don't think the trunk latch would be a good ground spot.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

my 1/0 ground

Name:  accordtrunk0809011.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  accordtrunk0809013.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  accordtrunk0809010.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  79.8 KB

I removed a section of sound deadening (using a Goo remover and masking with aluminum tape)

this was the step by step

1. identify a location with access on both sides, at the thickest steel of the trunk floor. make sure to stay away from suspension, fuel tank, wiring, etc.
2. mask off a small rectangle where the ground ring terminal will go.
3. sand down all paint until shiny metal is exposed. use a sand wheel on an electric drill to speed the process. sanding by hand takes a while.
4. choose a bolt that is of appropriate length, and size for the ring terminal. make sure it is either zinc or stainless steel so it won't rust.
5. drill a hole just larger than the bolt size.
6. insert and tighten the bolt and the ring terminal. keep the nut and exposed threads on the inside.
7. use silicone to seal around the exposed bolt head.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks, this has really helped me a lot, hopefuly my amp and wiring kit will get here soon, and i also need to go to best buy to buy a deck, wiring harness and a mounting kit.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i got the amp today and ran all the wires but my rca cables are not red and white, they are blue and grey(black). Which one is red and which one is white?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

rca cable colors don't matter, just be consistent. if you use blue for the right at the head unit, use blue for right at the amp.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok thanks, also this is unrelated (hopefuly) but while driving after placing and setting everything up, my turn signals (both) didnt work, i am thinking a blow fuse but i looked at it but it doesnt seem blow, tomorrow im going to take another fuse and replace it, but if that doesnt work do you know what it is, could i have messed something up while installing my new head unit and amp?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

did you disconnect the battery negative terminal when making connections?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yes i did, but i figured out the problem, i didnt have the emergency flashers pluged back in since i dont have the mounting kit for the hu, i didnt want to put everything back together and then the next day take it apart, i guess the flashers creat some sort of circut with the turn signals

Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

lol. yes, the hazard button intercepts the turn signals.

one thing i've learned in all my years of disassembling cars and then driving them around - reconnect all wiring harnesses or your car will give you the finger.

if you start the car with either of the front seats removed - you get an SRS light that the dealer needs to turn off.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

now that i got my first amp/sub install done, and it sounds sweet, i want to replace the 6x9's in the back of the car, i figured how to remove them but i was wondering if i was going to need a new amp since the stock ones are already wired to the hu.

Quick Reply: Firewall Grommet/Hole