Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Flip up screen in lower cubby - 03 EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Flip up screen in lower cubby - 03 EX

Yea it does, but it will turn your dual climate to single climate control, and be careful as you need the kit for dual climate control.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

i think i may have screwed up my factory HU so i might end up having to get that metra kit sometime but does it work on the cars with dual climate control?
what did you do to your head unit?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:30 AM

i really honestly do not know like i said in my other post i was just tapping into the harness for an output converter (with my battery and everything disconnected of course) and now i get no sound from it

Old 08-04-2007, 07:27 AM

oh...ok...i wasnt sure if it was the same vehicle / member....and i was too lazy to look. that kind of scares me from f'in with mine.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 AM

i really honestly do not know like i said in my other post i was just tapping into the harness for an output converter (with my battery and everything disconnected of course) and now i get no sound from it
I don't know about honda HU but a lot of decks have a fuse in the back of them, did you check that?

Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
guypatterson
Unregistered

Sorry about the bad links, they were sent to me through our email.

Is "molding one in there" hard to do? I've installed all my decks in the past but used kits. Don't think I'd want to risk trying it myself unless is easier than i think.

I really want to put in a dvd player, but the kit that replaces the entire stock stereo is out of the question - I hate how it looks. I want to keep it and install a screen elsewhere. Any good suggestions that won't cost way too mcuh and won't require much custom work?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 PM

you can try something like this http://www.gcsrts.com/srts-admin/pictures/IMAGE_00293%20(Medium).jpg or something like this like I did but for my 6th gen http://www.bwimports.org/forums/imag...8/IMG_0981.jpg

Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
guypatterson
Unregistered

I really like the first one. Any tutorials?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I don't know about honda HU but a lot of decks have a fuse in the back of them, did you check that?
kinda late but if it was a fuse behind the radio it shouldnt short out the fuse under the dash would it?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: guypatterson

I really like the first one. Any tutorials?
I did the same thing to my car except my car is a 6th gen but practically the same modification.

Materials:
[ol][*]An audio attachment kit[*]A headrest monitor[*]dremel[*]bondo[*]sand paper[*]paint
[/ol]

1) You need to purchase an audio attachment for your car.
2) Then you need to get a headrest monitor. 7 in is what I have in my car and I dont think you would want to go wider than that. But measure the audio attachment to make sure 7' would fit.
3) After you have those to items, take the monitor and take it part. Make sure you do it carefully since you don't want anything to be ruined.
4) Take the bezel (front part of monitor) and place it in front of the audio attachment kit, also if the screen is not removed, remove it.. Center it.
5) If the bezel and the attachment kit does not fit, then this is where you are going to have to use the dremel to cut the attachment kit to make it fit around the bezel, at the same time making sure it would fit in your cubby.
6) After you have done this modding, get some bondo and fill the area around where bezel and the attachment kit touches. Make sure you do not get
bondo on the edges of the screen housing.
7) After bondo-ing, sand it. Primer, sand, primer; keep doing this process until it's smooth to your liking. Wet sanding is also an option.
8) Then spray paint he bezel.
9) Reassemble everything and your finished.

Here's a thread for picture purposes. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...t=cubby+screen
The guy in the thread is very handy at doing this.