Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installing a TV in the "cubby"

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:25 AM
jschustak
Unregistered
Default Installing a TV in the "cubby"

I am looking to install a TV in the cubby of my 2006 EX. I don't have the Nav System. The "cubby" I am referring to is the one beneath the factory radio and climate controls. From reading other posts online I have figured out the electric portion. I am just unsure what/if any monitor will fit in there. Does anyone have any pics of this being done, and know what monitor would work? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

If I do undergo this project, I will take lots of pics and show you all my progress. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Default RE: Installing a TV in the "cubby"

ORIGINAL: jschustak

I am looking to install a TV in the cubby of my 2006 EX. I don't have the Nav System. The "cubby" I am referring to is the one beneath the factory radio and climate controls. From reading other posts online I have figured out the electric portion. I am just unsure what/if any monitor will fit in there. Does anyone have any pics of this being done, and know what monitor would work? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

If I do undergo this project, I will take lots of pics and show you all my progress. Thanks.

well I don't have an 06 but look at my gallery and you can see the tv I have in my car. depending on how much space you have I guess any single din monitor would fit.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
jschustak
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: accorddriverc

well I don't have an 06 but look at my gallery and you can see the tv I have in my car. depending on how much space you have I guess any single din monitor would fit.
I found your pics and it looks good. However, that is not what I am looking to do... I want to keep my factory radio and just install a monitor into the cubby below it. I have searched many forums and threads looking for a pic of it being done, and can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody?

Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

This is exactly what I want to do in my 03. Any pics of this done anyone?

Old 11-07-2006, 12:41 AM

ya ther's more then one way of doing this.
You can stick a double din in to the cd holder (thats what honda calls it) Here's a picture.
These guys are pro & from another board so dont tell em ...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...52_29_full.jpg

You can see their whole page here

There is also a way of doing it but its bit more complicated. What some people are doing now is putting their flip screens
right above the OME head unit molding it & leaving just enough space for screen to squeeze trough.
Looks sick ,, but i dont have a pic right now.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the link, but I was talking about an in-dash flip out. I don't have my car yet, and don't even know if there is room for the screen to flip out. I may go either way, I am pretty good at custom jobs. I did this on my old suburban, and I promised my self not again, but it does look mighty good with a double din.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 PM

with enough fiberglass experience anything is possible... that's so amazing to me how people re-style stuff like that.... I'm not a big fan of the in car screens (except for kids) myself but I can sure appreciate the skill level

Old 11-13-2006, 05:03 AM

Has anyone seen a tutorial, on how to install a double DIN monitor in there. I would be able to figure it out with my dad who has experience with custom work in his day. But I don't live with him and he's always busy. If I can do it on my own that would be better. I do have a bit of experience working on with glass on boats, but never a car.

EDIT: Spelling