Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Fog Light and Head Unit Questions

Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: Fog Light and Head Unit Questions

As far as the head unit goes I'm personally a pretty big fan of Rockford Fosgate and I know you can get some decent decks for the $175.00 range. Fog lights are kind of a personal opinion on what to go with, pella makes some nice ones but they'll cost ya.... I personally would probably just go down to a local auto parts store and find some that I thought looked nice then see if you can find them online cheaper.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 PM

Okay so this is just my opinion based on the ONE jensen that I've owned, lots of features but the deck sucked... I tried to pawn it after I got my fosgate deck and the dude at the pawnshop booked it out for what it was worth and I was offered $10.00 for it, cd, mp3 player, aux inputs etc... It was messed up so that I'd be driving down the road and the volume would start going up/down at random times (someone else in here had the same issue)... so the long and short of it: Great features for the Price, Usually will last for a year at least, better than stock deck sound to start with.... Bad: usually low output (regardless of what they say it will do) The cheap price seems to represent the build quality, I'd take the $130 and buy a sony from walmart before I'll ever own a jensen again.

Foglights, good call, keep it simple, just e-bay those, as long as the glass/housing is good and the wiring harness is there that's going to be the easiest option. I'd probably go with white lenses just so you can add colored bulbs in the future if you so choose

Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM

that pioneer would be a much better choice than the jensen, the pioneer sounds ALOT better, and will probably have better options.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 AM

well i thought it was gonna be as easy as takin the old one out and puttin in a new one. boy was i wrong. you need to get a new wire harness and that radio trim kit watever its called. luckily it only costed me $10 for my 1994 because i knew somebody whose little brother worked in best buy, but that should cost you about $50