Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

GROM Audio Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Default GROM Audio Help

Hi,

I have a Honda Accord 2006 Coupe. I bought an Ipod module from GROM audio to enable Ipod/USB connectivity for my factory radio.

I managed to connect the module to the back of my radio, but I couldn't Change from the CD mode to AUX mode using the CD/Aux button on the radio.

Do I need to turn off the engine and turn it back on for the first time inorder for the radio to detect the module?? Or is there anything else that I need to do?

Thanks in Advance

Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

did you program the GROM unit? usually DIP switches or a procedure outlined in the owner's manual and installation instructions.

what is the model # of the GROM unit?

Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Hi keep_hope_alive, Thanks for your reply. But I figured it out. It turns out that I have to turn off the engine and turn it back on in order for the radio to detect the GROM device. It is working fine now.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

good deal. hopefully you don't have to do that every time.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM

Yeah. But I encountered another problem yesterday. I was playing the songs from USB for couple of days. And when I stopped the car yesterday at a shop and then started back, the USB was not playing.

When I switch the mode (eg: FM -> GROM) then the prompt was announcing "IPOD" always, even though I don't have anything connected to the IPOd cable. In other words it is not detecting the USB device at all. Where as, if I play through AUX, it is working fine.

Any Idea why this is happening??

Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

not sure, sounds like a question for GROM on how they design their units.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM

I'm looking into doing a similar upgrade and I would love to hear all of your thoughts about the unit. Which model did you get exactly, did you install it yourself, how difficult was it, etc.?

Any features that drew you to that model? Does the song title display on the head unit for example?

Thanks in advance and good luck with your current issues with the unit.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 AM

I wanted the unit be able to play Ipod, AUX and USB. Most of the units that I saw had only 2 functionalities. That is the reason I went for the GROM audio.

Text display is depending on what type of radio you have. If you have a Honda and it has XM on it, then text display will be there. In my case, I just had the Non-XM version. So text doesn't really show.

I installed the device myself. It was quite easy. There are youtube tutorials of how to do it.

Functionalitywise, the device is performing well so far. Sound quality is also good.

Hopefully, this answers your question.!

Good luck!!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by shanthanj
I installed the device myself. It was quite easy. There are youtube tutorials of how to do it.
How much experience do you have with this type of stuff? Have you done installations in the past? Is the unit you buy screwed in anywhere or do you just plug it in and then let it dangle in the back somewhere out of the way?

I've assisted with some mechanical work on my old car (I replaced an engine mount in the school parking lot) and I am comfortable taking apart computers, but I'm still nervous about doing this myself. The youtube videos all seem to have terrible lighting too.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 AM

I haven't done any installations in the past. As long as you know how to remove the screws and some of the plastic frames you are set. There's No screws with the device. It comes with a sticker that you can attach to make it not move. But I didn't really use it. I just put the device on a side and the other wires will not make it move.