Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

has the premium sound system preouts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Default has the premium sound system preouts??

hello,

i need some help with my radio. first sorry for my english.
i have a accord from 2007 with this premium sound system.(german optional package) i think in other countries is this the same?!?

so....at the weekend i want to connect my new car audio components with the radio.
i have 2 amplifiers and both are connected to a high/low level converter.
now i want to connect the converter with the radio. after doing this i hear only a quiet voice out of the speakers.
when i tried to connect a mp3-player to the amplifiers diectly with chinch, the sound is ok.

so i have one idea: the premium sound system has a additional oem-amplifier. i guess that the output of the radio isnt highlevel, but low level?? is this right?

if so i can braze a chinch cable direct to the radio and go with this to the chinch inputs of the amplifiers.

thx in advance
cheers

Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

you may be able to do what you want. you have a different selection of options over there. start by finding the factory amplifier, then either find a wiring diagram or use an oscilloscope to meter the outputs to determine polarity and location.

or connect your LOC at speakers instead of behind the head unit.

i agree, your best bet would be a low level signal input directly to the amplifiers. i think you'd want to at least twist the wire pair for better noise rejection - if not run RCA's from the HU or factory amp back to your amps.

you can then buy a female RCA end to which you can solder a wire pair and tap the factory wiring. if you're not using the factory amp, just disconnect it altogether so the factory radio doesn't see both loads.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM

i take a look at my repair manual of my car and i find a diagram with the cables and colours for the amplifier(black box) i think the same colours are at the radio - if i remember right

yesterday i found in a german thread someone who assure my opinion.
so the accord has pre outs with low level signal out of the radio. thats the reason why the radio with 6times CD is so compact, because there is no amplifier in it.

so i can use a RCA-cable(in german called "cinch-cable"), cut the RCA's from one side and solder it to the wires of the radio.
twisting is a good idea. may be its to short. i have only 2 or 3 cm(nearly 1 inch) for twisting the wires.

i want to connect only the frontspeaker to the RCA and then to the both amplifiers in the back and let the rearspeaker connected to the OEM amplifier for rear-fill. i hope thats okay?
so i get the audiosignal from the front which i am using for my new front speakers and my subwoofer.

thx
michael

Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

if you plan on four amp channels for front and rear, you can connect to both front and rear low level signal outputs, then maintain your fader.

sub should be on the front output.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 AM

i have two 2-channel amplifiers. and i want to keep the rear speakers for rear fill.
for fading or adjustment of loudness between front system and subwoofer i want to use the gain controller.
i know that this is not the best way. better is to use 4 channels and fading with radio.

thanks for all!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

your plan is fine, same idea as using a fader, just without control from the driver's seat. both will work equally in the end.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 AM

now i am very excited about the weekend. there i want to make it finally. if i had my camera there i would upload some pics, but after the weekend i make some more pics and upload then.

btw:
here some facts, if someone is interested in:

OEM headunit - not optimal but i think this alpine is a solid basement
Front: Pioneer TS E 170 CI @ µdimension Jr 2.370
Sub: Audio System HX 12 SQ @ Audio System X-ION 160.2
2AWG powercable with a CAP 1.3F all from Audison Connection

all is put in the valley of the spare wheel (i dont know the right word for it -sorry) but i think you know what i mean
this looks very well and i fulfill my condition that i have no losing of my luggage space.