Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

How Can I setup a new speakers/amp/sub on Accord 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Thumbs up How Can I setup a new speakers/amp/sub on Accord 2013

Hi All,

First of all, this is my first post on this forum and I am not at all good to do this myself. So please help me to findout a good sound system and I will get somebody to get it installed as the factory one sounds rubbish. I have also seen many people commented on the poor quality of the built-in speakers, so look forward to get an answer from you experts...:-)

Also my GREATEST concern is, if I install a new speaker/sub/amp on my car, Can I still use the audio touch screen to control it or that also needs to be changed? I prefer not to touch the dashboard as I like it very much and it looks much better than my previous accord.

Please help guys.....

Old 04-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

you can get an loc and go through an eq into the amps and leave the factory headunit as is. now what is your budget? does this include install. if you are not going to install it yourself your best bet may just be to go to a local audio shop and have them work within your budget.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 AM

Hi Neophyte,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply.

Sorry but as I told you, I am not a tech guy like u, so didn't get your first sentence. my budget is USD 2000 excluding installation.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

you can use a line out converter to switch your signal to a low level input and then use an equalizer to split that signal into three seperate signals for a high amp and a sub amp. that would be the easiest way to retain factory functionality of the head unit.

but if you are going to have someone else install it, then I would take it to the person who is going to be doing the install and see what they suggest.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

with your budget I agree a local independent shop (not a big box store) will be able to make recommendations that they stock and can install. when having someone install it, you want them to provide it so you get a warranty.

integrating with a stock head unit is not difficult, but does require buying specific components to take the speaker outputs and turn them into line-level inputs (RCA). it also requires custom wiring and dis-assembly of the interior.