Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

how do you shut up the seatbelt chime!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: how do you shut up the seatbelt chime!!!???

ORIGINAL: marbro

let me pose this question....... how do you you live through a fatal wreak?
luck...thats it. Theres not really a thing you can do before you get into a wreck besides wearing your seatbelt.

This is completely random but I've noticed this a couple times, why is it that when there is a big wreck, the driver survives and the passenger dies? Or if two people get into a wreck with eachother, the person who was driving RIGHT dies and the drunk/idiot lives?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:39 AM
fade2black2005
Unregistered

^its because when your drunk your invincible lol

tbh ive been in many wrecks without my seatbelt and been fine, have drove drunk and been hit by a POLICE OFFICER running a red light and he broke his neck while wearing a seatbelt while i walked off with a small bruise on my head

seatbelts are usless, ive actually had a friend of mine been told by EMTs that if he had been wearing his seatbelt during his wreck he would of been killed
it should be a choice to wear it or not, i have not worn my seatbelt for 4 years now and ive had speeding tickets without wearing my seat belt and no one said ....

Old 02-08-2008, 10:32 AM

while ur at it you mite as well take out the whole air bag system.. cause its not gonna do u anything wit out the seat belt

Old 02-08-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: fade2black2005

^its because when your drunk your invincible lol

tbh ive been in many wrecks without my seatbelt and been fine, have drove drunk and been hit by a POLICE OFFICER running a red light and he broke his neck while wearing a seatbelt while i walked off with a small bruise on my head

seatbelts are usless, ive actually had a friend of mine been told by EMTs that if he had been wearing his seatbelt during his wreck he would of been killed
it should be a choice to wear it or not, i have not worn my seatbelt for 4 years now and ive had speeding tickets without wearing my seat belt and no one said anything....
btw watch the lang(you could offend someone)
Ok. They said the same thing to my sister when she flipped her 06 eclipse. She dropped her cig. They said had she been wearing her seatbelt she would've been crushed, but was too busy ducked under the steeringwheeltrying to get her cancer stick.
But that is besides the point, and does not account for all wrecks.

It rained the other day, and I was driving down highway 64 (ok.),which is shoulderless,and this guy,who wasn't wearing a seatbelt,in front of me clipped the edge of the road. His car pulled straight for an electric pole, killing him before medics could get there.

Your instance with the police officer may be true but you probably should've been charged with something. Cause if his lights were on and you pulled out in front of him and he had police business to do, you would be in trouble.

To state "all seatbelts are useless" is stupid because it is a useless statement. Car companies and the government want you to be safe. They not only want you to be safe, but it's the law. So follow it, before karma bites you in the rear.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

seatbelts at a certain speed and up are useless thats where the airbag comes into play..... but when you wreak at over 100 mph chances of surviving are slim anyways.... depending on whats hit of course

fade2black2005 the cases where the seatbelt causes a problem are too few and far between and having the seatbelt and airbag more people have survived because of them then without........ and when youre drunk your whole body is loose so the shock from being thrown around is far less, not that it helps you when youre in jail for the next 20+ years

as proven by 3 idiot friends who wreaked an eclipse gsx going from 80 to 0 after taking out a row of fence and a telephone pole..... damage to them? bruses for the driver and passenger, person in the rear? bruses, head trauma, glass in his skull, why head trauma and glass in his skull? cause he was a moron and didnt wear his seat belt like the drive and passenger

Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM

passengers are often injured more because they tend to sit in a less normal position, like with their legs crossed, seatbelt slacked, etc. it also depends on engine geometry, frame construction, impact point, and side/side weight distrobution and frame configuration on the other car as well.

drunk drivers are injured less because the bodies reflex to tense up in an accident is suppressed by alcohol.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 AM

i have the 08 accord and it goes on if it sinces weight on the seat over so many pound and the passenger airbag turns on and off with weight incase of a car seat Just where ur seat belt.....

Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM

just buckle the seat belt and sit on top of it or put it around the back of the chair after its buckled, that can work too. but i usually just wear my seatbelt

Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 PM

My scion has a code to disable the chime ..... wasn't that nice of them to put in there? The hidden codes are commonly refered to as "chicken dances".

Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM

my mother's '08 tacoma would beep if there was weight in the pass seat w/o the belt buckled.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset **** until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset **** and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset ****. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset **** and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.