Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

install a stereo system and amps in a 05 accord ex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
drewdin
Unregistered
Default install a stereo system and amps in a 05 accord ex?

I want to install a new head deck, two amps etc.. does anyone know where i could get the instructions for taking out the factory radio, factory speakers and panels off of the inside of the car? I need to run wires from the engine back to the trunk and from the trunk back to the front speakers. any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: install a stereo system and amps in a 05 accord ex?

Head Unit Removal
Amp Install

Hope this helps!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
drewdin
Unregistered

thanks for the info, do you know what the easiest way to run the power wires through the firewall or how to remove the paneling so i can run the wires under the rug? Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 PM

if you can find a grommet already in the firewall that you can run the wires through thats the easiest way other than that you gotta drill a hole. and the paneling that will need to be removed for under the rug is mostly held on with panel clips that can be popped off and pushed on

Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
drewdin
Unregistered

i appreciate the help, i want to get my stuff installed but everyone wants $2000 for labor, screw that id rather do it myself. thanks again, is the grommet on the left or right side of the firewall? thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
drewdin
Unregistered

Also any ideas for running the cables under or around the rear back seats?

Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Almost A Senior Member

grommet is on the left side...i did mine through where the steering column exits the cab and enters the engine bay. cut a slit in the grommet and use a long screw driver and tape the power to it to push through.....rear seat removal is easy...open them up and the crack at the bottom seam of the seats is where you will find the bolts that hold the seats down....in the middle ofeach individualseat...remove those and pull up on the fronts to pop the tabs....run the power and remote down the drivers side.. and run the RCA and your speaker leads from the amp down the passenger side...like someone else said, all you have to do is pull up, starting from the ends and working to the middle, of the trim molding beside each seat....itll take some pulling but just apply even constant pressure until one tab pops and then work for the others....there was one screw on the drivers side of my 04. its by the gas and trunk door release...it under a cap there...look for one on the passenger side just be be sure your not gonna break the trim.....hope this helps...pm for more detailed questions....long post, sorry..

Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 PM

The late model Accord is the easiest car I have EVER ran power wire on!

The grommet on the drivers side is perfect! You push the wire thru there and push it toward the steering wheel and eventually itll pop out from behind the center part of the dash. From there you just pull it thru and run it under the side panels inside the door which once removed give a ton of space. I ran a wire from the battery to the trunk in less than 5 minutes start to finish!!