Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installing aftermarket Radio - QUSTIONS - Accord EX 2006

Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Default Installing aftermarket Radio - QUSTIONS - Accord EX 2006

Hello,

Ok so i have a 2006 ex honda accord sedan without navigation and XM Radio.

I installed aftermarket speakers already.

I am buying the dash kit and willNOT be replacing the OEM Radio.

I have a few qustions now about the installation of an aftermarket radio which will sit inside the cubby hole.

Aftermarket Unit: http://www.mobileonesales.com/product_p/dehp770mp.htm

Kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/RADIO-INSTALL-DA...QQcmdZViewItem

1. My aftermarket is SAT-Ready for XM or Sirus. Is it possible to still use the OEM XM Turner? is it built into theOEM radio? Do I need to buy a turner? Is there away of makeing my default radio with the 6disc cd changeran AUX input for the aftermarket?

2. The wireing..... Could i just plug the OEM connector into the after market or am i gonna have to do all the splicing with the harnes?

I do not have a sub woffer but i was gonna run the wires just because im gonna have everything apart already.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Default RE: Installing aftermarket Radio - QUSTIONS - Accord EX 2006

no u cant use the factory tuner. u will need to buy the aftermarket one for whatever brand radio u bought

buy a wire harness and splice the wires that way. depending on what radio u have circuit city has harnesses that willl just plug into each other so u dont have to splice them.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:56 AM

Hello,

Ok so i ordered everything, I just have a qustion about the a wire.

I bought the harnes from pioneer, and a harness came with my dash kit. you connect the 2 harness together to avoid cutting any factory oem wires. The all of the wires i matched up togther except the orange/white illumination wire. The only wire that i can match it up to is a solid orange. the orange/white is there however it does not have any place that i can connect that wire to it.. it goes from the male connector(white) to the female connector(blue) the only wire shooting out is solid orange.

so would it be ok to connect the solid orange wire to the orange/white wire?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM

The kit should come with a layout that tells you what all the wires are.

If your Pioneer has an illumination wire, hook it up to this.

This doesnt turn on any illumination in the Pioneer, it just dims the display when the headlights are turned on.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 PM

The kits i got do not explain what each wire does.

So if the orange/white has no matching wire i should just cap it off? do the same for all other wires not useing im assuming.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Well I have done it myself and it sounds great for now. everything went smooth. took me about 4 1/2 hours hardest part was takeing the oem stuff out. i was scared to give it some force but thats exactly what you need to do. As for the wires everything matched up. the wires that didnt i just put a wire nut on. The XM i put under the pasanger seat. wires are well hidden.

The only thing i didn not get to do is th PAC SWI controler it was getting late and i did not see the steering wheel audio control wire.