Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Interior LED Lighting Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Question Interior LED Lighting Suggestions

Hello All! I'm looking to install some interior LED lighting strips. Looking on Amazon, there are plenty of options with good reviews- but the negative reviews within those same positives scare me a little. Does anyone have any suggestions on products they have used and are very happy with? Not trying to build a show car, I just want some nice accent lighting for about $100 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

i've replaced all of the interior lighting with white LEDs - got them on eBay as a kit for like $20. from there, where are you looking to add them - under dash? do you want color changing?

it is somewhat hit-and-miss with LED strips. you can get bad ones or people can wire them incorrectly. the hassle is how to control them and where to put controls - which you have to decide.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
i've replaced all of the interior lighting with white LEDs - got them on eBay as a kit for like $20. from there, where are you looking to add them - under dash? do you want color changing?

it is somewhat hit-and-miss with LED strips. you can get bad ones or people can wire them incorrectly. the hassle is how to control them and where to put controls - which you have to decide.
Thanks for your answer. I guess I’ll have to take my chances with the LED strips. The light kit you spoke about is something I was thinking about as well.