Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Issue while locking the Accord with the trunk open

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Default Issue while locking the Accord with the trunk open

I found a little bug with the firmware of my 07 Accord Coupe (if that's the correct terminology):
Usually if you lock the car with the keys, the headlights and taillights flash once for lock and twice for unlock (or something like that).

If the trunk is open while you lock the car, no lights flash but the car still locks.

This happens on a regular basis when I'm getting out of my car and going to put my keys in my backpack before closing the trunk. I like to make sure the car is locked before throwing the keys into my backpack for the rest of the day, but I don't get any feedback that the car is locked. Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if that's intentional. Also not getting any auditory feedback when I lock the car is another pet peeve that I think I mentioned in another thread.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

i has to do with theft detection/alarm. the trunk is on a sensor, so if you leave the trunk or a door open and push the lock button - it can't arm the alarm, but it will lock the doors.

it's not a bug, it is preventing problems. if it armed the alarm, the alarm would go off when you closed the trunk.