Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Issues with PAC AOEM-HON20 Amp integration

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Default Issues with PAC AOEM-HON20 Amp integration

Hi,
I have a 2007 Accord Sedan EX-L no navi. I installed new component speakers in the front and new rear speakers. I also installed a new amp.

To connect the amp to the factory head unit I installed a PAC AOEM-HON20 amp interface.

I am having two isssues which I need some help with.

The first is that I am not getting any sound to the front speakers. All I hear is buzzing. I know that my ground is not good because I hear an altenator whine. I will correct this. But I am not sure why I am not getting sound.

The second issue is that my steering wheel controls do not work anymore.

I am not sure if my interface is bad or if I did something wrong.

As far as my install goes, I connected my new front speakers in the doors using existing wiring. Then I spliced new wiring in the cabin to connect to the crossovers. The rear speakers are brand new wiring connected to the amp. The amp power cable is on one side of the car and all the speaker wires and RCA cables are on the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:44 PM

Buzzing is sound. If they make some sort of sound then something is doing its job right obviously.

Fix that ground first and foremost. Ground wires are THE single most important thing in any electrical system.

Second, there is a wire that should go into your stereo harness that is specifically for "steering wheel controls". But first, are you talking about everything on your steering wheel, like cruise controls, horn, etc. Or are you talking about just the stereo controls on the steering wheel?

I would look at the diagram that came with the stereo and see if you hooked up the steering wheel control wire.

Fix that ground.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i have the same PAC adapter on my 2007 SE , and honestly i hate it , it makes a very annoying buzz static type noise , very different from a GROUND NOISE OR LOOP, your no sound problem maybe the gain on the adapter is probably turn all the way down , on my case the one side connector wasn't getting a solid contact causing other problems .

Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 AM

I took everything apart last night and reconnected everything a dozen times to figure out what was wrong.

In the end, the PAC harness sucks. It does not clip into the OEM radio and therefore wasnt making contact on on side. So I pushed it and now everything works.

Not to sure if I like it though.