Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Karr Alarm System Series 3 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Default Karr Alarm System Series 3 Honda Accord

I bought this car alarm for $375 bucks. The dealer finance guy told me if I went after market it would void my warranty ( i have a feeling that is a big lie). Second thing is it even a alarm system. I here it just adds sensors to the windows. A total scheme. He claimed the cost was $345 bucks. I think he is lying. ( I realized this after i bought it and came home) He also stated if I went after market that I would not be able to use the remotes on the Honda Keys. If this is correct. Can you please give me some proper advice. Should i call them tomorrow and demand a refund. Or is $375 an ok price. I normally research before I buy stuff, but this was at the spur of the moment.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

what year/model/trim do you have?

i don't know anything specific about that manufacturer.
http://www.karrsecurity.com/index.php

the alarm is only as good as the installer. they are tricky and done wrong they can be a nightmare.

any aftermarket will work with your car if properly installed. alarm installs won't void a warranty if you have it professionally installed. if you DIY and mess something up then you can't expect the dealer to cover your mistake. and there is plenty to mess up when doing the alarm install.

i wouldn't pay nearly $400 for an uninstalled alarm system that has very little documentation or track record unless i knew everything it could do.

i went with Autopage, they had great documentation and their products are affordable. Directed Electronics (DEI) who owns Viper are tops in the business.

your biggest concern is installation. you should also read the manual and install manual to verify how it works and if it does what you want.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Administrator
Default Hi Members and Merry Christmas

This post is my 1st one on this 2010 Christmas day and I wanted you to know that it's in the wrong forum, so I will move it for you to it's rightful spot on earth...which is where you are now reading it...Baa...HumBugh you say .

MerryChristmas
WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Karr Alarm System Series 3 Honda Accord-xmasssantaboozin.jpg