Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Looking for better sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Default Looking for better sound quality

I’m new to Honda and just purchased a 2015 accord ex-l without navigation. I’m not at all impressed with the factory stereo system in the car. I’ve seen videos and forum discussions about how to access manufacturer menus but they only talk about the button sequence for ex-l models with navigation. Is there a way that I can find these menus in my model without nav?

Old 04-08-2018, 03:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Dangerdumpling09
I’m new to Honda and just purchased a 2015 accord ex-l without navigation. I’m not at all impressed with the factory stereo system in the car. I’ve seen videos and forum discussions about how to access manufacturer menus but they only talk about the button sequence for ex-l models with navigation. Is there a way that I can find these menus in my model without nav?
These steps to access the manufacturer menus only hold until the power is turned off, then all goes back to default settings. Sound quality is mainly lost through the automatic noise control (ANC) feature in the car. You can get some improvement by unplugging the ANC module in the lower center stack of the dash, but real improvement won't come until you upgrade the factory amplifier and use the clean outputs from the radio head unit as input for the new amp. Amp changeout is a pretty big job.