Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

iPod Sound Quality w/ Alpine Deck

Old 09-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Default iPod Sound Quality w/ Alpine Deck

Hey, have anyone tried hooking up an iPod (30Gb, Newest Gen.) to an Alpine Mod#9805 Deck or simular? I know you need the wiring kit and all that good stuff in order to wire the iPod to the deck and from the deck to the speakers. However, does the sound sound good, great? or ok compared to sound output of normal CD(wma) or MP3 played by the deck? I wanted to get the iPod and the hook it up but it will cost me more than $400 so I wanted to make sure that I can be happy with what im doing. I think it will save time not changing CDs but the MOST important is sound. If I use the iPod with an Alpine V12 Amp and Alpine (Type-R) speakers, will I ever get CD quality music from the iPod? Please post your suggestions and past experiences with iPod hoke-ups even if you use(d) a different deck and all. Thanks