Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need an amp!?!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:40 AM

It depends on how you listen to your music. If you blast the crap out of bass heavy music youre going to eventually need a bigger battery. If you listen at musical levels then that battery will be fine.

Im running over 1200 watts and am using my stock Honda battery. Granted that when this one dies I will be moving up to a bigger one. Dont know if Ill go the Kinetic or Optima route but at least a good Duramax.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:18 PM

i have a 4 channel 1800 watt POS American legacy i can let go cause i just got a newer amp. I wont charge you much but its a cheap amp it says 1800 watts but more like 800 so you would get 200 watts per channel. PM if interested. you speakers should be able to handle it cause i have the exact same speakers and man when that amp is on you can barely turn the volume up cause they scream so loud its great lol

Last edited by MikeyMike; 03-15-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Alpine's PDX amp are a great space saving amp without sacrificing and SQ. Alpine has one of the cleanest filters in the industry so SQ is not a issue. I see that you are into JL Audio tho. And reason you haven't checked out the HD line? JL is a far superior amp, and the HD line is space saving as well, and you will get far better depth and overall quality. I'll be interested to see which you chose, as I am in the Mobile Electronics industry. Anytime you have any questions, Id be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM

thanks for all the help I actually ended up picking up and installing the alpine amp today. For the money, I think its a very very good amp. JL is better no doubt but it carries a premium price and I'm really happy with my alpine for the money. The difference is day and night when compared to before I had my speakers amped. I'll definatly let you guys know if I have any more questions! Thanks!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well christian that amp you got is not a PDX if it's the one you linked. The PDX is alpines new digital full range amps, your amp is a normal A/B switching amp. The PDX is $400 plus. Your amp is a very good amp for the money, just isn't the newest technology on the block.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:45 PM

alpine is a good choice wherer did u mount it and is that your only amp and are u using it for your ingteroir spealers or subwoofer

Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 PM

It's for his speakers, which is stated in the first post. If your so desperate to help, why not make the effort and familiarize yourself with the situation?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I did. I clicked on respond to your comment. I guess not everyone on this site is a friendly as I thought. just trying to be as friendly as the people have been to me so far. sorry, I guess I made a mistake this time.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 AM

I'm sorry if you thought that was directed towards you, but I was speaking directly to the poster above me. You unlike everyone else who has come through here has had good and knowledgeable advice. We have a problem with a lot of younger kids coming on here thinking they know what they are talking about. In your few posts you've actually proven that you know what your talking about, which you can't say for a lot of the newer members here. Don't go anywhere we can use your help. I'm not a mean guy just sick and tired of these kids that are tainting this community.

EDIT: I may be thinking of someone else but I think it's you anyways. Either way I was talking to Mike. If your going to take the time to try and help someone, at least know what your helping him with is all I'm saying.

Last edited by t00fatt; 03-16-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 PM

i was a speaker install tech and i have 7 years of speaker install experience i thought i read all of the posts before i posted my opinion it seems like you get mad at everything i say so i do apologize if u have a problem with my posts but i know my stuff man i missed maybe one of the posts and didnt see it so if you have problems with what i say maybe you should keep your temper down man everryone makes mistakes. take it easy bro, maybe you need some anger management or something. anyways to the owner of this thread sorry for flamming him but good luck on your install man hope everything works out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need an amp!?!