Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need an amp!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Supper Moderator

if you want to stop your amp from making noise when the HU is off then put a switch on the remote wire that goes to the amp prob. solved now you just have to flip it off when you turn the HU off. Its also a good idea for cops and such. Like me I like to beat down everywhere I go. An cops hate a white boy w/ a loud system. So I put a switch so when I see a cop or something I dont have to fumble around w/ my HU I just hit the switch and the amp is turned off. Also you dont have to miss any of your song your listening to. Like my HU is aftermarket and the volume **** dose more then turn the volume up and down. If you hit it the wrong way then you go into other settings and it takes longer to get volume down.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 PM

If you're running a lot of power with that amp i would definately swap your stock ground wire from the battery if you haven't done so already. it will make a difference believe it or not and it's very cheap to do. use at least a 4GA wire.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by Ether
If you're running a lot of power with that amp i would definately swap your stock ground wire from the battery if you haven't done so already. it will make a difference believe it or not and it's very cheap to do. use at least a 4GA wire.
I knew I 4got to mention somthing...lol Thats what did but Im running soo much power I used 0gage for ground and 00 for power.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Default engine noise.

to cut down on engine noise, go to radio shack and buy some rca plugs. then solder them to some cat 5 networking cable. you can run two sets of rca wires in that one cable. they are twisted inside and it will end up costing less than any good pre made rca wires. the sound you get with that cable will be mind blowing. super clean sound.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 PM

i would spend some money then. upgrade the alternator. or get a gel cell batt for the amp. either way will help. the battery will be best but will cost more.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

to cut down on engine noise, go to radio shack and buy some rca plugs. then solder them to some cat 5 networking cable. you can run two sets of rca wires in that one cable. they are twisted inside and it will end up costing less than any good pre made rca wires. the sound you get with that cable will be mind blowing. super clean sound.
Cat 5 has no shielding, and very small single core leads which has pretty high resistance. Really not a good combination. May have worked for you but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. While shielding can cause problems, and isn't as important, those tiny single core wires are no good. Cat5 is data, RCA's are a low voltage analog signal.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i would spend some money then. upgrade the alternator. or get a gel cell batt for the amp. either way will help. the battery will be best but will cost more.
.... An alternator costs much more than a AGM battery and a H.O alt has a much better pay off than an AGM battery. Please guys I try my hardest to only give good advice here, and you guys are killing me with your '"ideas".