Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

NEED HELP: front speakers in 03 2-door accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Default NEED HELP: front speakers in 03 2-door accord

im doing a component install this weekend on my accord. today is my last day, im so cramped by time. so im hoping some of you can help me save some time by explaining how to get out the dash tweets, and how to run a wire down from the tweet and through the door from the woofer. please get back to me asap, thanx so much.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Default RE: NEED HELP: front speakers in 03 2-door accord

well i only found 1 lead, and it basically said to drill a hole in the door because its impossible to get wire through the boot. theres got to be a better way...

Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 PM

well i figured it out, and i will post what i did exactly so anyone else who searches for this topic will have an answer...

the plug in the drivers side door consists of 3 pieces. 1 large female piece that snaps into the door, and 2 smaller male pieces that run the wires up into the dash. the 2 male pieces are blue and.... white? i think it is. well anyways, on the blue male piece there is a spot in one of the corners that does not have any metal prongs going into it (at least in my accord it doesnt). so i drilled that spot out CAREFULLY so as not to mess up any of the other parts of the plug. then i fished wire through it. after that i drilled a hole in the large female piece in the exact same spot so that the wire would go straight through there also. after fishing wire through the female piece and into the door, i then simply plugged the plugs back in and that was that.

passenger side door was ridiculously easy. i think i had that wire fished in like 2 minutes.

hope this was helpful and is clear enough to understand

Old 10-09-2007, 04:04 PM

Youve got more patience than I do bro. I looked around for a couple minutes then said "F it!" and broke out the drill and drilled a hole in the door then sealed it up with Dynamat.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM

you wouldn't have taken any pics of this by any chance, did you?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:40 PM

no i didnt, i was gonna do up a whole nice tutorial to post on caraudio.com but i forgot my camera that weekend what are you unsure about, ill try to help.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 PM

thats basically what i did but later found out that that empty spot on the big female piece was for the blue plug to clip onto the big female piece but its not that big of a deal. drilling into the door looked a bit awkward because of the angle you'd have to hold the drill to the door. so i didnt bother.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

thats basically what i did but later found out that that empty spot on the big female piece was for the blue plug to clip onto the big female piece but its not that big of a deal. drilling into the door looked a bit awkward because of the angle you'd have to hold the drill to the door. so i didnt bother.
no i meant you need to drill into a spot in the blue piece and the female piece. you only have maybe 1/4" diameter of room to drill, so youre cutting it REALLY close, but if youre very careful and your wire isnt ridiculously thick, you can get it to work. but sounds like you got something figured out anyways

sorry it took me so long to reply. for some reason i dont get emails from this forum so i often forget about it.