Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help with upgrading stock radio in 97 SE. I know nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Default Need help with upgrading stock radio in 97 SE. I know nothing!

Hello all. I have a 97 accord se that is all stock. I would like to upgrade the radio so I can plug in my ipod, and I wonder about getting one that willl play xm as well? I know squat about this part of the car, and have always been one to just leave things stock until now.

I don't know where to look really but I don't want the radio to look like it is halfway in or really funny, I want streamlined.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to send my way!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM

one thing. I've looked on websites like crutchfield.com just to see what's out there, and the only option I get when entering my car info is a honda accord DX, EX, or LX. Mine is an SE so what one do I pick? Thanks!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol
All you need to do is get a stereo that is XM compatible and has an auxiliary port for your iPod, unless you want a kit so you can control your iPod through the stereo.

Any stereo will fit, single or double DIN. All you need is the correct wiring harness and dash install kit.

Since I am assuming you won't be installing this yourself, just take it to Best Buy or what not, but you can save a ton of $ by doing it yourself and getting the stuff of ebay.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

i'll second that and recommend you get together a budget for replacing the factory speakers, at least the front ones.

LX or EX will have the same speaker system as the SE.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

totally with every on erplace your speakers first no matter what speakers you get for the doors they will work mabey not to there full potential to you hook an amp um to them but i would rather have a quality system then a loud and crappy one