Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Newb to audio systems

Old 11-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Newb to audio systems

Hey everyone, I'm new to setting up audio systems in cars and wanted to ask a few questions. I have a 92 4dr accord ex, and just recently got a new HU for it, since the original factory HU never worked because as oon as I got the car, the battery died and the previous owner couldn't find the damn anti-theft security codes .

Anyway, since I got sick of not having any music, I got a new HU, an Eclipse, and now I've sparked my own interest in fully redoing the entire sound system. Problem is, I have no idea of what works and what's absolute crap! I definitely want to get at least one sub (I like the sound of dual 12's though ) and new speakers all around, even though the stock ones don't sound that bad. What I'm looking for out of it is something that will sound great without blowing the trunk apart, so if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction that'd be great! One of my friends suggested Lanzar equipment, can anyone qualify this? Thanks!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 AM
Default RE: Newb to audio systems

oh yea dude!!!!! ECLIPSE IS THE WAY TO GO! CD3000 i take it? mannnn good choice. ok im done. I have Infinty's in all 4 doors in my Jeep, with the Eclipse CD3000 and man, let me say thats one sweet *** combo. I'd say do Infinity's all around, and then one 12, Kicker Comp VR or a JL maybe. Anyway, dude any questions on what to get, let me know, im here to help.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yo thanks for the feedback.....Yeah, the HU has outs for a sub....it's an Eclipse CD 3404, bout 2 years old that my house mate's letting me borrow until I get something else. What do you mean by lots of RMS, like what range are we looking at? Someone recommended one 15" as opposed to 2x10's or 12's, any comment on that or is that more of a personal preferance? What about an amp, how much wattage should I be looking at? Over 500, preferably over 1000?

Old 11-17-2006, 07:29 PM

well........ its really all opnion, 10's are quicker, but dont play very low notes, 12's alittle slower, but play deeper, 15's go the deepest, but are slower, so will probably miss some double bass notes if your into that. Its really all opnion. i mean you can get a single 12 that will do 500 watts RMS... Just depeneds on what you get and what you like, there is really no one RIGHT sub.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I listen to rap, so I had two 15s in my suburban. They hit the lows so hard your teeth would rattle, but the higher bass it wouldn't hit it that hard. Bass wise it is all what you want. I am going to put my 15s in my accord, then put some 10s some where in the interior.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks everyone...poser, I don't want to spend a huge deal of money on a system, not now at least, so I guess I'm looking at up to the $600 mark. I too listen to everything, but I really like to turn it up when a good rap beat's going. I'll also listen to metal, which has alot of the double beats that were mentioned above, so if possible should I be looking into maybe a larger sub for the really deep stuff, paired up with a smaller sub to accomodate the higher and faster beats? toofatt how can you mount a sub inside of your car? 19Accord97, are those german manufactured subs? They look pretty pimp in your car, btw.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For cheap price and quality, I recommend kicker thats what I have. I have been pushing my 15" CVRs hard at the max RMS thats recommended for about a year and a half now. They have a thick ribbed rubber surround, which is glued and stitched to the cone, the cone looks like aluminum but I thinks its some plastic composite. I wouldn't go for a 15" in an accord, I am worried mine are going to hit too hard. I only got 15"s b/c I used to have a suburban. As for adding 10"s to the interior, I am thinking of installing one quality 10" with a good amount of RMS capability, in the rear in between the two rear speakers. I want to get some feedback form these guys, if it would even make a difference, with two 15"s going, before I do it.

EDIT: BTW I got my kickers for $100 each on sale from Ike Sound, so they may have something good on sale there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newb to audio systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.