Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Newbie looking for advise: Ipod integration \ Blue tooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Default Newbie looking for advise: Ipod integration \ Blue tooth

Hi all,

I picked up an 03 accord for commuting to work (2 hour plus everyday). I would like to improve the audio and add the features below to the car. What do do you guys recommend?

FYI - if possible i would like to keep the audio control on the steering wheel. This is a feature on my Pilot that I use a whole lot.

* Add Ipod adapter
* Add Bluetooth
* improve factory speakers.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

if you want to keep the stock controls on the wheel you will need to keep the stock headunit.(as fae as I can tell). you only have one aux output. you will either have to choose between Ipod or bluetooth or find a unit that does both. Keep_Hope_alive knows of a good unit that he prefers he may know of one that does both. I am sure he will give you a more in dpeth on that. . If you are upgrading the speakers you will want to include an amp in your budget. compenets in the front and mid range woofers in the reaer deck. do you have a budget in mind?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the info, car audio is not something i know much about.... but i would like to have a clear sound. Can't tell you a set number for the budget but would like to keep it within reason. i'm guessing cost of adapter, speakers, amp, sub.. plus a few hundreds for installation.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM

I suggest reading through this thread https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...uestion-40186/ where I discuss the same issues with some of the other users. We talk about ipod options, bluetooth, installation, cost, etc.

If you still have questions after that feel free to ask in either thread or PM one of us.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by SSharon
I suggest reading through this thread https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...uestion-40186/ where I discuss the same issues with some of the other users. We talk about ipod options, bluetooth, installation, cost, etc.

If you still have questions after that feel free to ask in either thread or PM one of us.

Wii do. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

as far as the budget goes. without a number it is hard to say. but pick what sounds reasonable to you:

are we talking 200-500
500-100
1000-2000

my system cost me over 1500 with no installation costs and I consider that reasonable. I also dont have what would even come close an expensive system.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

front 6.5" components can be had for under $300 with decent sound quality.
rear 6.5" or 6x9 speakers can be had for less, but you really don't want tweeters behind you. you could buy a coax and just clip the tweeter lead at the capacitor (could be soldered back on in the future if necessary).
Alpine Type-R is a fine speaker brand.

For an amp, a small four channel is all you really need, that can be had for under $300 as well. You want high level inputs, and an auto turn-on feature is nice to save you the hassle of getting a remote turn-on from the factory radio. Kicker ZX350.4, JL 300/4, and Phoenix Gold R300.4 have these features.

I agree that the ipod integration thread is a good resource. I will be making that a sticky soon, combining it with other past threads. it is a very common question, and i have to research it each time since I do whatever it takes to replace the head unit for SQ systems. Most decent ipod/bluetooth integration pieces are in between $100 - $200.

To get both ipod and bluetooth in a seamless package, you can put an aftermarket radio in your cubby, kits are availalbe. Axxess and PAC-Audio make steering wheel control interfaces. you just need a head unit compatible with all of those features. The Pioneer DEH-7300BT fit that bill for under $230.
DEH-7300BT - CD Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth® and USB Direct Control for iPod®/iPhone® | Pioneer Electronics USA

Steering wheel adapters:
Steering Wheel Controls | Steering Wheel Adapter