Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ObdII port no response

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
tqriddle
Unregistered
Default ObdII port no response

2003 Honda accord ex-l 4cy 4 door automatic 75k

I just recently purchased this vehicle private party and It wont pass emissions. Not getting any information form the computer. Honda told me that the ECU needed to be replaced and wanted 1100 dollars to do it. I replaced the ECU with a used one taking Hondas word for it and come to find out that the ECU was fine. The problem seems to be a wiring issue as I can tell that a couple of wires have been rigged together. Im guessing that whoever fixed the car when i was salvaged was not a mechanic by any means...duct tape was covering all most all of the wires. The strange thing is that everything electronic inside the car works perfectly ie; GPS, Climate control, Moonroof power seat, windows, cruise controls, windows, door locks, so I can assume for the MOST part the wiring was done correctly.

My question is simply is there something simple that I can check for on the OBDii port to see if it is missing a wire or something? Does anyone have access to a diagram for this? Im not sure what else to do...I cant trust Honda to fix it and Im not sure who else to call. Are there still mechanics out there that will actually LOOK at the problem and try to fix it???? or are they just give me the same half *** answers honda has been giving me...

Any help would be very much appreciated....I'm very lost

Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have no idea, I think this question might be better off in the general tech help forum. Sorry...

Old 08-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Key has to be on for the diagnostic tool to communicate with the car...if you haven't already tried.