Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Operation Stealth: 2005 Accord EX [Phase I]

Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Default Operation Stealth: 2005 Accord EX [Phase I]

Hello all!
I had to put my old red 1995 Accord down last December, still ran...but it wasn't pretty. Donated it and looked for a new car...came into a 2005 Accord EX-L.

My goal for this is called Operation Stealth. I want this car to get no second looks. I want people to be like, "Oh, another Accord...cool." and walk on by, but when they get in and drive with me be like, "DAMN! Nicer than I thought!"

I'm 24...but don't want a flashy, ricey car. I will be driving this into the ground like I did my 95 (250k miles through MD/GA weather), so I want to keep it looking, driving nicely but keep it mature as well.

First complaint though, was I couldn't play my Android/USB/AUX from it! ARGH, I need it for pre-gym trips and long road trips where I lose radio! So off I went!

GROM USB Adapter, +inline noise filter:

Next up I wanted to do some basic modifications to it. First thing I noticed was handling...it sucked. Lots of roll on corners, very unstable. I read up and came to conclusion that since I wasn't going to drop my car, ever (sorry, keeping it stealth stock ) that I wouldn't need anything over a 17mm sway bar in the rear, since I'm keeping front stock.

So...

17mm Sway Bar
I stripped both end link hex bolts... Nothing a little ingenuity and a pair of vice grips couldn't fix

I have to say, although minor in daily driving...it feels a lot better!

But now I thought, man...these speakers suck. So I went off and got new ones! Phase I of audio is just new speakers...I want to keep my stock HU, so once I save up and get back to my main home (stationed elsewhere at the moment) I'll put in the money and work to put in a cleansweep, amp and sub.

SPR-50C
Decided to do it stealth, and do it right. I know, I know...stock tweeter location is bleh, but I made it work and I put the effort in to make it look nice. Wired through that tiny *** little rubber thing between the door...pain, in, my, ***! But it looks nice and is protected. Crossovers are now inside and readily available if needed.

I ordered a TSX Manifold, IM Gasket, and TB Gasket. Should be here within 2-3 weeks. Debating a SRI vs. CAI...I've read a lot about it, but still can't make up my mind. I don't go over 4k...really ever. So a little more power off the line would be nice. Don't know, could use some opinions on this. I want a little more power, gas mileage, better sound. I will get an exhaust later.

Need to replace my front/rear bumpers eventually...time has not been kind to them in terms of nicks/dents/scratches.

Thinking of putting TL wheels on it eventually do.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Very good post with great pictures..Thanks for it..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

cool. be sure to go back into the doors to add foam weatherstripping around the front of the speaker basket to get an airtight seal against the plastic door panel. that will give you much better midbass response (since the plastic panel acts as the front baffle).