Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Please help me find a good sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

if you want one, not a must but I like the clarion eq s746

Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM

I think I'll buy that later on. I'm going to install the grom first. I still haven't received an amp so I'll do that next week. My concern about the amps is how am I going to power both? Wouldn't it been easier to just buy an amp for the whole set up? Can you explain how I'm going to power both, the remote wire too.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 PM

I suggested two wiring kits for two amps because you will need both to power the amps.

the problem with a single 5 channel amp is the 5th channel rarely puts out enough power. your mids and highs drown the bass and unless you spend a fortune on one you loose adjustability. by getting the 4 channel and the mono block, you have plenty of power and maintain all of the settings for both amps. 50 watts on mids and highs is a lot of power for those speakers. subs require a lot more power. if you are running 50 x 4 I would say you are going to want around 500 for subs. unless you are really good at building boxes and engenering the interior of the car to produce good bass tones.

the remote wire can be daised from one amp to another or if they are not close to each other in the car you can splice to wires to the remote out and run one to each amp.

Last edited by neophyte; 12-07-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:51 AM

So there is no problem if I have the ends of the power cables that connect to the battery from both amps overlap or be on top of one another?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

if you spend enough money, you can get a single 5 or 6 channel amp that is sufficient. Audison LRx5.1k is an excellent example. Massive Audio and Zed Audio have some other options at a lower price point.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 AM

there is no problem with having multiple connections at the battery.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:29 PM

Great! Okay, guys. Everything is here. I just took all of my finals and I'm dedicating the next couple of weeks to this build. So let's get started. What do I do first, and after that and after that.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:46 AM

first you are going to want to plan out your trunk. what type of box do you want? if ported how do you want it tuned. where is the box going to sit and which way it is going to point.

then decide where you want the amp rack. how you want the amps mounted. stacked? verticle? you dont want to mount them upside down, they will over heat. pay attention to which side of the car your battery is on. you will use less wire if you keep your amps on the same side of the car as the battery.

did you get sound deadning?

Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM

I've decided with the the ported box. I like your build. I want the subwoofer facing the front of the car with the amps on a rack to the left of the subwoofer. Could I also mount the amps to the top of the trunk but facing down, like they're hanging.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM

I was doing the connections for the LOC today and it's pretty straight forward but i have two cables that arent connected yet. On the output side there is a yellow, blue/black and blue cable. The LOC manual says the yellow cable is 12 v power, but is it constant or switched power? The black/blue cable is for ground, but there is another ground on the input side. Can i just ignore that cable? The blue cable is remote for the amps; can i use one remote wire that came with the KnuKoncept amp package and just split the wire in two ends so i can connect them to both amps?

Quick Reply: Please help me find a good sound system